Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's talk about water hunting with the Deus.....

The Wolf

So here I am, lounging in my thick PJs & wool socks, just cracked open a cold one while looking out the window at the snow-pocalypse happening right now. And what should pop into my head at a time like this????? Water hunting & scuba diving, what else??

Not a bunch of info on water hunting with the Deus out there. Sure I know how it works, have read the water section in Andy's book, and have watched a few videos, but I'm still somewhat uneasy about dunking my baby.

Here's the thing....After some thought, I decided to sell my AT Pro, which I primarily use for water relic hunting and shallow fresh water diving because I wanted to give the AT Gold a try this water season.

I've got the cash saved up to pull the trigger, but now I'm thinking I should sit on it and pick up the new Deus coil when it's released along with a water kit for it. That will leave me without a back up machine, but it will give me an all-in-one relic beast. Well actually, now that I think about it, I will have 2 Deus' if I buy the extra coil and keep another shaft around. Just run one off the remote with regular headphones and the other off the WS4s. Ok.....Im liking this idea more and more.

My dilemma......I know that in order for the Deus to communicate in water with the headphones, the end of the antenna, opposite the coil, must be out of the water. So if I'm in chest deep water, have the antenna ran all the way up to the headset, get a signal and go under to retrieve it (using full scuba gear....I don't use a scoop because the river bottom is mostly hard pan, which renders a scoop useless), how will the headphones work underwater? If I'm using the back phones, can I dunk the WS4 to say 3-5 ft under while I dig the target? I can't wrap my head around how to recover targets in the water while keeping the antenna and headphones above water. It will be just fine in the shallow creeks, but the big rivers get a bit deeper, and I usually go full scuba and crawl around on my belly while searching through the river mud. The ATP usually suits me just fine in these situations, she's good to 10ft. If I'm deep diving, I use another machine.

One things for sure, I would put the remote in a zip lock inside a waterproof case like the Aryca, and leave it in the boat/kayak/on shore. I just don't want to get that expensive little sucker wet.

So someone help me out here. Am I missing something? I'm not sure how waterproof the WS4S are.

Let's start this thread going for all those with similar questions.

Thanks y'all. Happy hunting!

i use mine in the water
i hope this is ok but heres a video i did on dunking the deus

its a deus thing :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/CFaVckvZb8E

Excellent! Thanks for the replies fellows. The video was just what I needed. Now if XP would hurry up and release that new coil, we'd be set.

Curious as to how the waterproof ear buds sound compared to full sized underwater headphones..

Thanks again. HH

I don't know about water hunting as I have not done any. I will tell you the remote is a pretty resilient little fellow. I forgot to take mine out of my pants pocket one day and my wife was kind enough to do my laundry quicker than usual. Well the remote took a ride in the washing machine for the complete cycle and after a couple days of letting it dry out in rice it works as it did out of the box. While I would not recommend soaking it especially while it is on it is one tough sucker .