Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's throw some advice on stuff to do during self quarantining at home. Share what you are doing and any good advice...

Spending time in my shop making my ink pens for sale. No one is interested in ink pens at this time. But I will have my inventory built back up when this is all over. Live in rural area. Nearest town is under shelter-in-place restrictions. The county I live in just passed shelter-in-place restrictions. Luckily one of my metal detecting spots is 200 yards away on my family’s land.

Attachments

• 29F5597C-DA5B-41AD-BD71-9DCA1FE9CFA9.jpeg
    29F5597C-DA5B-41AD-BD71-9DCA1FE9CFA9.jpeg
    951.4 KB · Views: 304
  • E4653F49-5DC0-481D-99D5-56E5341832E5.jpeg
    E4653F49-5DC0-481D-99D5-56E5341832E5.jpeg
    868.2 KB · Views: 315
I’m working on getting my shop together to restart building an acoustic guitar kit I got from Martin Guitars and I’m finishing up a ukulele for a friend. The builds aren’t the problem. The messy shop is. Good luck and stay healthy.
Sataro I like your pens!

I spent the last week refinishing an antique china cabinet that my son bought. It was badly scratched up and was in rough shape. Was quite pleased by what a little sandpaper and few good coats of stain and varnish can do.

Wife and I are starting our 3rd week of social distancing and for some reason that hasn't bothered me. LOL I'm still able to detect daily doing social distancing, but that is now becoming a problem as none of the parks. schools and the like, are being maintained. Weeds/grass are now high ankle high most places. Getting in to much puter time, though, as no major projects need doing and normal summer yard care isn't in full swing, yet. My 3 sons and I have been doing a walleye fishing trip annually up to Lake Of The Woods on the Mn, Canadian, border now for several years the first week of June, but it appears this years trip is in serious doubt. Hate that, its a fun gathering. Everyone stay safe. HH jim tn

switched wheels on my fat bike from 26x5 inch to 29x2-25. Also put on a rack, dropper post, higher stem. feels like a race bike now. been putting it off till i figured out the right hub parts i needed and had to make a bearing press to get a new driver/free hub on. not a big deal, heated a piece of 1 1/4" pvc and opened it up a bit. Still haven't got my detector out but putting my gear together. changing thermostat on my old zr2 blazer and gotta go over rear drums on my pickup as soon as a good couple days of weather hit. Did walmart today and that will be the last time for a long while.
Is the bike used for beach riding? I've been looking at bikes and am not sure how wide of a tire I need for the softer areas of the beach. The wet hard pack can be ridden with my trusty old vintage Raleigh 3 speed with 26x1.375 tires, but it can't cut it in the soft stuff at all and I need to walk it when the hard pack goes away.

Is the bike used for beach riding? I've been looking at bikes and am not sure how wide of a tire I need for the softer areas of the beach. The wet hard pack can be ridden with my trusty old vintage Raleigh 3 speed with 26x1.375 tires, but it can't cut it in the soft stuff at all and I need to walk it when the hard pack goes away.
I'll add to keep with the theme: I just rubbed in a 4 pound corned beef point and it will be ready for the smoker in the morning. Have been working through the food in the freezer and limiting exposure risks by limiting store visits. Just put the frozen pork butt in the refrigerator. It should be thawed in a few days and ready to smoke over the weekend for some good pulled pork.

I watched The wish man good movie I'm still out detecting old schools most are closed. And getting my Xr 400 ready for the summer
Mark

I have two tractors and two push mowers. I spent hours doing the routine maintenance. I cleaned the decks underside and painted with rust neutralizer. We were originally thinking the home sheltering would last a couple of weeks. I scrubber the carpets and washed the windows. I have never spent this much time with my wife and she is starting to drive me buggy. I don't know If I can make another month.

I have been watching the numerous youtube songs about being inside, my favorite is "Hello (from the inside)" An Adele parody by Chris Mann, there are many more, but this one I have to pick myself up off the floor. Also looking around for a equinox 600 when i get my G-check. I also had been sticking my finger in my wifes ear while she watched tv, I thought it was entertaining but she put me outside and locked the door, guess it was not so much for her.

How about working out and staying healthy? Since my gym has closed, I've been doing total body workouts from home with dumb bells and doing Beachbodys T25. Also riding my road bike for added cardio.

Been doing a lot of gardening/yard work, honey doo’s and a some detecting at the local state park as there is no one there. The ranger always asks me what I’m finding! Been finding a truck load of pull tabs and having a good time just getting out and breathing some fresh air! Try not to watch the news to much as it’s very depressing. Drinking some good red wine and spending some quality time with the wife. Trying to get a feel on what retirement is going to be like!

If you go to the grocery store, the post office, the gas station etc. you take the chance of contracting the virus by touch on door handles.
Then you bring it home where you’ve touched your car keys, the car door handle, the front door knob etc.
All the while you haven’t sanitized your hands in any way. This is why....
I keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in my vehicle to clean my hands and to wipe down my keys and door handles and shopping buggies at the stores I visit. To help prevent catching this virus.

I keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in my vehicle to clean my hands and to wipe down my keys and door handles and shopping buggies at the stores I visit. To help prevent catching this virus.
But you are going to touch the sanitizer bottle, which means that the virus is still there!!

I wipe it with the wipes 😂