Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's throw some advice on stuff to do during self quarantining at home. Share what you are doing and any good advice...

All beaches closed. Took-up kayaking and exploring the nearby (within 4 miles one way) spoiler islands in the Gulf. Identified several suitable for metal detecting. Many of the spoiler islands are covered in mangrove. Hope to find Spanish treasure dredged up when they formed the islands many years ago. Next season, going to search and might even camp on one...on second thought...forget the camping.

I have been watching tv. Best show is on Acorn a subscription service specializing in British tv. The best show is called “The Detectorist” it ran for three seasons. Best show I’ve seen in years. Note this is not a reality show.

Taking all that lead I've dug over thirty years and some donated by friends and casting lead soldiers, musket balls and sinkers.

Attachments

• jm3.jpg
    jm3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 267
  • lead5.jpg
    lead5.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 273
I'll start off with advice to shop the streaming services. They all have intro deals. Anything shocks you as a good deal, let us hear right here. For my initial advice here. I reload, play with my black lab puppies and only go out to fix an occasional furnace armed with plenty of wipes and trying not to touch anything. At home I did discover a really good movie called "Alpha" which was close to being a "Call of the Wild" type of movie without the big stars but to me was really good. Only found it on "Stars" which has a $5 per month for 3 months intro on Amazon Prime. "Bombshell" was pretty good too but not the epic view Alpha was.

G..
ALPHA WHAT A MOVIE :) Why not make more movies like that :confused:

I actually bought my Garrett 400 because Of the quarantine. I’m lucky enough to live on 50 acres that’s been lived and farmed since the 1800s. I’ve been researching the house and people in depth. It been a blast. So far I have found a flat button and a bell. Lots of old square nails. I’m looking forward to finding other sites, but I’m new to detecting and am patient learning at home for now.

Got my skiff ready for the tuna season tying flies soon! And I never stopped detecting!
BCCA4126-820E-418B-AC5C-D926E8F00183.png
903A10DC-3B27-4B49-BD34-5F80F2D3DC11.jpeg
74110C0F-21CD-401A-8E06-088551FC8BB9.png
84F7AB74-AA62-4BFF-8D5D-5FDFEA9A9EBD.jpeg
16CB4EC5-28F0-4EAC-97E6-DB9DA61FBAA6.png