Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Liberty Bell with Eagle

timwied

[attachment 348024 IMAG4976.jpg] I found this at a place that I found an 1863 and 1864 Indian Head Cents, I was wondering if this Liberty Bell/Eagle Pin is from that same era? I've searched for the image on Google with no luck, any help from you experts would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks

This is a very nice find but like you, I have no idea where it comes from. Gotta love those mercury dimes. CCH

The Liberty Bell didnt get it's name until around 1840 when it was used as the symbol for the anti-slavery movement. The eagle looks a lot like the eagles used on general service buttons in the 1870's and 1880's. Ive never seen the Liberty Bell used in military decorations from the CW era, but perhaps. I would say this is more from the late 1800's but that is just a guess. Really neat find.

This is all I can find but might point you in the wright direction if the description written on it is correct.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=BoDJr%2bti&id=3D98F32F91B2CC120787B8C4B3FD1B2A63B982A5&thid=OIP.BoDJr-tiSCmiAymyS9efwQD3D8&q=wwii+sweetheart+pin+liberty+bell+over+eagle&simid=608052665056690528&selectedIndex=2&qpvt=wwii+sweetheart+pin+liberty+bell+over+eagle&ajaxhist=0

Thanks, GO VA