Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lightening, Thunder, and a Big Beach Ring!

mudpuppy

On the Forum at 4, on the beach at 4:30...F70 set up 1disc, 75 sens, -3 thresh, DP tones...The F70 is one super fast sand rail! Comfortable, accurate.:thumbup:

Big lightening storm coming across the Lake, the detector flashes a ping to the beat of the lightening, it sounds like a Q, which slows a guy down somewhat, but at least serves as an 'early warning system' of sorts...the proportional audio the F70 has also works for lightening..:thumbup: A guy can tell if its time to go if those pings get louder!:rofl:

Anyway, somebody swept the place clean late last evening...main area devoid of even a pulltab...got off to the side and started hitting coins and stuff, a guy can tell when he's in some paydirt by the amount of foil signals left......hit this big ring in the darkness, right where one should be at the towel line! It sounded right on tones, and made a big noise clanking around as I shook the scoop. Felt its weight, Heavy! Due to the weight, definitely not Stainless, Titanium or Cobalt, due to the tone, definitely not Silver, Copper or Chrome! :clapping:

My hopes were high for a big Gold or Plat! For I am certainly WAY overdue this year....I dont hunt with any light, so I scraped my finger nail around in the inside to feel for a hallmark, and there was one! Big Ring, and it fit! I put it on and kept swinging....

I covered a lot of sand, cutting a 12' swath down and back a few times...scarfed up 4 empty cans along the way..:rofl: ...The storm seemed to be heading straight North, lightening pings fading...not coming onshore yet...I was worn out and sweating heavily so I left when it got a bit light out.. home by 6am, .."Tungsten China" is what the hallmark read!..:rant:..I wonder what the guy paid for it?....Now the Storm is hitting! Raining to be danged..so I got my hunt in at least..
Mud

Hey Mud

Just think of all this as practice (for the real day) when you find a big honker diamond ring at the end of the summer. :cheers: Maybe Jimtn can give you some pointers :poke: The summer isn't over yet....

p.s. glad you pulled flipper from the beach.

p.s.s. I think flipper is worth more than the ring.

p.s.s.s. The person that bought that ring probably got burned :rofl:

Nice finds---when I check my favorite weather site"Intellicast.com" several times a day I always check Mud's weather---saw that storm--be careful in that electric stuff.

Hey, Ya can't win em all partner. Looks like a well worn nickel.

Man we got a big wind here last night, lots of trees down. Went back to my park but the horseshoers only left me a couple bucks and 1shoe---------what good is 1 shoe?---IB

Rings have eluded me , you are doing good

Oh mud...No worries. Chin up...I haven't found any jewelry yet this year except for a clip on earring. It's coming buddy, it's coming! :beers:

diggindad

Mud my heart goes out to you. We all know that feeling when we get home and discover, it is what it is and it isn't what it should of been. If you put a lot into this expectation the next ring will be a dilly of a surprise. Have faith because a thousand rings will end up in your pocket so make sure your pockets are trustworthy.......Z