Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lightweight Headphones

tencents

Can anyone suggest some lightweight headphones to use on my 1500 Garrett? It's getting warmer and the White's I'm using are really making the sweat pour which in turn seems to attract the pest more. Input will be appreciated. bill

I use the lightweight backphones most of the time in the UK,try to find some with a single sided lead and a volume control.The best 2 are: backphones which fit around the back of your neck and the normal headphones which fit over your head. The backphones are the best.Hope this helps Gary.
www.garysdetecting.co.uk

there are pictures on this site.

http://www.d-tekk.co.uk/accessories.htm

Thanks for the response, I've seen similar ones here in the states will probably try them as it is in the 90's with high humidity here this week.

I ran into the same problem with the coming of hot weather. As someone on another forum suggested I went to Radio Shack and picked up a set of behind the head light weight head phones for around $15.00. Just be sure you get the stereo type with an inline volume adjustment and the stereo adapter plug for about another four bucks. The mono adapter jack or mono headphones will not work! I found the tones to be a bit flat compared to headphones specifically designed for a detector. Once you get use to the slightly different sounding tones they work fine and you have less than $20.00 invested. On the other hand you can go to a detector dealer and find a similar set up for many $$$$, but they will deliver the exact tone as your heavy weight headphones. JIM

Thanks for the info been looking at them on ebay and it seems the radio shack ones are about the only ones with a long enough cord for detecting.