Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Like snakes?

Always..Lookin

K1600_DSCN4331 - Copy.JPG

DSCN8910.JPG

K1600_DSCN2445.JPG

1676747793749.jpeg

1676747962598.jpeg

I like 'em! Around here they are an asset.

This is one of the smallest varieties we have here. It's a Michigan Red-Bellied snake.
1676857474899.jpeg

This is an Eastern Milk snake, and I have a bunch of these around (I wish I had a few dozen more).
1676857642052.jpeg

I like 'em! Around here they are an asset.

This is one of the smallest varieties we have here. It's a Michigan Red-Bellied snake.
View attachment 36863

This is an Eastern Milk snake, and I have a bunch of these around (I wish I had a few dozen more).
View attachment 36864
I always believed those red bellies were young ones that would lose the color when grown.

I always believed those red bellies were young ones that would lose the color when grown.
Nope! As a matter of fact, the one in my hand is about as big as they get.
They aren't very fast, so most folks overlook them because they look more like a worm than a snake at first glance.

Here's a fresh skinned out female Timber Rattler I got in my front yard when I lived in the Great Smoky Mountains.

DSCN8911.JPG

Here's a fresh skinned out female Timber Rattler I got in my front yard when I lived in the Great Smoky Mountains.

View attachment 36898
That's an awesome belt or hatband right there!

I've got a pair of boots made from bleached back-cut python, where they cut them up the center of their back, so the wide belly scales run up the center of the boot. And being bleached they have no color pattern.

I’m mowing the yards on a riding lawn mower and garter snake goes by. My legs shoot straight up in the air and apart faster than Kamala’s

That's an awesome belt or hatband right there!

I've got a pair of boots made from bleached back-cut python, where they cut them up the center of their back, so the wide belly scales run up the center of the boot. And being bleached they have no color pattern.
I learned to soak them in glycerin for a month,pin it to a board they dry and stay nice and supple,once a month brush with glycerin to keep it that way.I did use that one for a hatband on the Charlie One Horse I wore,along with my Pointer bib overalls,best place I ever lived in them mountains.

I’m mowing the yards on a riding lawn mower and garter snake goes by. My legs shoot straight up in the air and apart faster than Kamala’s
Lawman you were Ron and a snake did that to you??

You should see me draw…….wanna see it again? 😂😂