Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

liking my atx

saltwater jim

Finally getting the hang of ATX my pinpoint problems were i wasnt digging deep enough , still amazed how deep this detector goes. running simple settings sens 11-13 no disc on 1 ground balancing and checking freq . Anyways first couple of weeks i really hated this detector now with beaches sanded in its my go to detector over my ctx actually atx is becoming my favorite detector. Cant seem to run non motion mode alot of falsing i think its picking up the saltwater or maybe my sens is to high. Anybody using non motion mode and have any tips for it thanks jimmy

I have to lower sensitivity to 3 or 4 at some beaches, hardly ever getting above 8 or 9. I did not like the non-motion mode, so I seldom use it. More than likely the surf was causing too much noise. 99% use is under the salt water.

Yea dont know why i want to dig any deeper Lol will stick to motion mode maybe try non motion on the dirt this winter jimmy

I just got to take my new ATX out yesterday for the first yime... Oh man is it a powerful and awesome machine. I dug up a bit of foil 20" down through highly mineralized red dirt silt and black sand using the DD - Holy Cow!!! I did get it on video and it will be on my upcoming upload to YouTube. As far as the non-motion mode... In my research and watching a ton of videos, I see it being most effectively used "in hole" and with the 8" Monocoil, mostly when nugget shooting.

WaterWalker said:
I have to lower sensitivity to 3 or 4 at some beaches, hardly ever getting above 8 or 9. I did not like the non-motion mode, so I seldom use it. More than likely the surf was causing too much noise. 99% use is under the salt water.

Just looking through some old posts to see if anyone else had the "problem" that I am having on some beaches with "interference" from somewhere. When In the saltwater my machine is sounding off with rapid hi/lo, hi/lo, hi/lo. Only way to stabilize this is to turn sensitivity way down to 6 or 7. I feel I'm loosing too much depth at this setting to even bother hunting. Any thoughts?