Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Liking the SE Pro!

Fletch88

Found a Merc on my first real hunt outside of my test beds in my yard. Love the sweet sound of high conductors on the Explorer

Fletch-I don't know if you know but the Threshold pitch directly affects the range of sounds,shifting it up or down. You can kind of set it to your liking,the high conductors can either sound nice and flutey smooth or if the THold is set higher the high conductors really scream high...too high for me. Just FYI if you didn't know or notice...
Can you tell it's raining and I can't hunt today? :laugh:

Thanks IDX! Yes I have played around with threshold tone and have found I like it right in the middle at 5. Anything above that and the high conductors have that shrill sound instead of a good high tone.

Walt

"Shrill" is a great word for it,just kills the ears! 3 to 5 seems like a good range but it's all personal taste...
They really are great machines,I have to admit. I'm really liking the X-1 probe,and I've only used it twice now. I can definitely see what the advantage of one is,though the Garrett pin pointers have been very good as well. I love the Carrot! But,the X-1 having the same tonal characteristics of the machine make it great for deep targets as well as junky holes. Nobody likes a junky hole!:cool:
Kevin