Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lil' Compadre Jaunt:cam:

slingshot

Just decided to set it at "I" in iron and take whatever. It's one of my off hunted parks and I hadn't searched in a while. Got a soft but repeatable signal with that telltale little "snap" in the middle. About 2" was a 2009 10k class ring with name engraved! A quarter along with three dimes perked me up even more. Went to my favorite part of the park(basketball court)and a ring next to a pole- cheap costume jewelry. When swinging the coil near the court surface, the Compadre will sound off. One sweep I got a loud signal and thought I got too close to the edge. Upon resweeping, I noticed I got TWO loud, jumpy hits and THEN picked up the court surface. Two $1 coins! Love finding those. Had a fun time.

Thanks, guys. It's been a long time for the gold. Probably found about 30 cheap rings and was reluctant to get excited about this one Dollar coins seem to be like birthday gifts for kids around here. My best day was 5 $1 coins in a 6 foot area- believe it or not with a Tracker lV. And at the same park- now that I think about it!

Ive yet to find a new dollar coin. Cant wait til they start being used more.
In the last 4 months i have got 2 susan b dollar coins for change in place of quarters.
Makes a nice candy bar bonus. Both times i gave the cashier a dollar bill for a 74cent candy bar.
and got a susan b and a penny for change.

Noah

Electricfrontporch said:
Ive yet to find a new dollar coin. Cant wait til they start being used more.
In the last 4 months i have got 2 susan b dollar coins for change in place of quarters.
Makes a nice candy bar bonus. Both times i gave the cashier a dollar bill for a 74cent candy bar.
and got a susan b and a penny for change.

Noah
I've almost accidentally placed them in a coke machine several times.

I actually found a gold dollar (2000) at the very end of last year's hunting season.
It rang in like a quarter.
The gold has eluded me this year so far

I average a dollar coin about every 1,500 coins dug. Average bumped last year (for a while) dug 2 from same hole.
Can't hunt for them, just kinda I just blunder into into them once in a while.