Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lincoln VDB But No S

miserman

I took the F75 back to an old 1895 country church where I found 4 silvers in mid October after a heavy rain. With even more rain the last few days, the ground was wet down to 8-9 inches. I was able to find 10 coins that I missed last month. The Lincolns Cents are all from the teens except for a 1909 that had the VDB on the back. I looked real hard for an S mintmark but it was not there. This is only the second VDB Lincoln that I have ever found. In the photo it's the one below the middle Indian Head. The cents were once again giving low numbers in the upper 50's to low 60's and were all down in the 6-8 inch range. I was happy to be able to find one more silver at this site.....Thanks for looking
000_9482.jpg

Last edited:
jim tn said:
Good hunt. 09 VDB looks in good shape, too. HH jim tn
Thanks jim tn. When I dug the 09 VDB I thought it looked like a 2nd coin must of been laying on it but there was no other coin in the hole...Thanks for replying.

still looking 52 said:
Another nice hunt day Miserman, that Mercury dime looks pretty old, a lot of wear on the old girl. What date is it?
Yes still looking 52 the Mercury does have a lot of wear, it's a 1917-S. With the excess wear on it, I think it was lost at a much later time than the Indians and early Wheats that were found. It also was not as deep as the Indians and Wheats. Thanks for the reply.