Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Listening to tones

I would like to be able to listen to various tones to see which ones my hearing likes best. I am looking for the most efficient way. I am assuming there quite a few possibilities between 200 and 800. Is there any way short of assigning a particular tone to a particular target id and then testing the Deus over an object with that ID?

Select 5 tones in the disc. expert. Lower your discrimination to zero. Test various targets at different programs and frequencies.

This site gives you the sound for that 200 to 800 HZ range: http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/

It's intended for tinnitus sufferers but pretty handy to check those tones...as well as how high a frequency you can hear.

Joe

One suggestion that I've heard is to have a hearing test done at one of the big box stores.
Than us the results to set up your tones.
I haven't tried this yet, but thinking about it.

Every different type of speaker, headphone, earbuds will reproduce the tone sound differently. To really know what it will sound like in use you will need to use what you intend to hunt with on the Deus at a particular tone and volume.

Thanks for the audionotch site. They have a number of choices about the tones: pure, square etc. Do you know which type Deus uses?