Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lithium ion batteries in my f19

tometusns

The owners manual recommends nickel metal halides but can I use lithium ion without hurting my machine??

I am using Li-ion batteries in my F19. No problems so far and the batteries last a long time in the detector. However, the batteries do not work very good in my pinpointers, especially in the carrot. I use this exact battery:
https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Self-Discharge-Lithium-ion-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00EQ3U2AA
I have 8 batteries but really only needed 4. I do have a tendency to over do things. I also have a battery charger that will charge all alkaline batteries. The same applies to recharged 9V alkaline batteries as they work well in my detectors but not in my pinpointers. I think it has something to do with a voltage regulator circuit being in the detectors but not in the pinpointers. at least I think so. The aa and aaa alkaline batteries do recharge very well and work perfectly in my other detectors that use aa batteries and the batteries can be re-charged up to 5 times. Sometimes, after a charge and sitting for a week or so, there have been instances where a recharged alkaline battery will leak so I keep an eye out for this and toss any battery that leaks. They can become a mess if not delt with. Oddly enough, the Copper Top batteries seem to be the ones that leak more often and do not last as long as other brands, and even cheaper brands. I have purchased very few batteries in the last two years. Some of my friends save their used alkaline batteries for me and that keeps my supply fresh.

Thanks for the info. The link you posted is the exact stuff I'm looking at... Lol Thanks again!

You try this
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2pcs-Super-880mAh-9v-li-ion-lithium-Rechargeable-9-Volt-Battery-with-charger-set-5-Years/314368_550278867.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.iXGgRl

Those have even more milli amps... I've already purchased the others on Amazon. I got the charger and for batteries for $21.??. I may pick some of those up if need be and try them out. Thanks for the input!