Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lithium-Ion battery pack for Minelab Explorers

Tony N (Michigan)

Got this bad boy for my Explorer detectors. Takes 2 hours to charge from a complete discharge. I've used it for 5 or so hours now and
the battery indicator on the Explorer has not moved at all! It's supposed to last 30 hours before needing re-charged!

Explorer.se said:
Wow that is a great source of power! I have heard great things about it. Where did you buy yours Tony?

I got mine on Amazon.

RnB Innovations ML-3100 Lithium-ion Battery for Minelab FBS Metal Detectors

. . . . . . . powered by RNB :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)

One of the biggest complaints about the e-series has always been the battery life. The RNB takes that situation and turns it COMPLETELY around. It is straight up UNREAL as far as run time goes! Glad you like it Tony, you and whoever else has bought them! Quality battery with a quality charger for the price you'd expect to pay for something of this caliber. LOVE my 3100...

IDXMonster said:
One of the biggest complaints about the e-series has always been the battery life. The RNB takes that situation and turns it COMPLETELY around. It is straight up UNREAL as far as run time goes! Glad you like it Tony, you and whoever else has bought them! Quality battery with a quality charger for the price you'd expect to pay for something of this caliber. LOVE my 3100...

Are you a seller of them?

The other really great thing about this battery pack is no more lugging around 16 rechargeables to put into my two re-fillable battery holders for the Explorer and spending HOURS and HOURS
recharging the little boogers.

I remember going detecting to a park and forgetting to recharge my rechargeables. Luckily I have my recharger with me. But I could only charge 4 at a time. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time
at the McDonalds that day waiting and waiting and waiting.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
IDXMonster said:

The other really great thing about this battery pack is no more lugging around 16 rechargeables to put into my two re-fillable battery holders for the Explorer and spending HOURS and HOURS

I remember going detecting to a park and forgetting to recharge my rechargeables. Luckily I have my recharger with me. But I could only charge 4 at a time. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time

No I'm not a dealer, just a user. That same sentence has gotten a lot of people out of trouble in the past...:crazy:

IDXMonster said:
Tony N (Michigan) said:
IDXMonster said:

No I'm not a dealer, just a user. That same sentence has gotten a lot of people out of trouble in the past...:crazy:

You are funny!
By the way, the Lithium-ion battery is lighter than the NiMH.
I just weighed both on my postal scale.
Lithium = 6.5 ounces
NiMH = 8.8 ounces

A weight reduction of 2.3 ounces.

I have 2 of them . The earlier 2900 which lasts over 30 hours and the 3100 which lasts even longer . My Explorer's and E.Trac will never need new batteries ever . They might as well be Nuclear powered .

Nuke em said:
I have 2 of them . The earlier 2900 which lasts over 30 hours and the 3100 which lasts even longer . My Explorer's and E.Trac will never need new batteries ever . They might as well be Nuclear powered .

Or as former president George Bush called it: "Nuculer."

Yea, they are that good. I got the 3100. Battery meter still hasn't moved.

I charge mine up every 5 or 6 searches .