Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lithium Ion battery Update

DOC

Guys I wish I had good news, but I don't. The customs paperwork has been filed, my broker tried to do it but customs said a L.A. broker had to do it. So I had to sign a power of attorney for the broker in LA to file the paperwork which took them two days to do. They tell me it was filed yesterday and that it is now up to customs to release the shipment so it can be sent to Las Vegas.

This always seems to happen, the more people want/need an item the more Murphy's law seems to come into play.

Customs has been sitting on this shipment since August 11th, and never bothered to notify me. I started doing my own detective work and took a shot that it might be in customs over in LA, when I called their office, low and behold, they did have it, and they just could not understand how it was I had not been notified.

Maybe it will clear tomorrow ??? Maybe Monday ??? I just don't know. I spent over three hours on the phone today trying to find out where we were in the process and whether they had any idea at all when this stuff would clear.

I think I should start importing cocaine, apparently with the drug problem we have here in the states, no one has any problems getting drugs into the country.

Thanks for your patience.

DOC

Doc,
don't do anything rash...lol

We all have batteries that we can continue to use if we simply must hit the field, right? So, we can all chill and let customs try to figure out what they are doing...course they never will, but your shipment will arrive in time, and then we'll get them and instantly forget about any angst we developed waiting for our "present" to ourselves to come...

On the scale of important things...this is a zero...

best regards,

Hey DOC, next time tell the AUSSEIES to put a couple of illegals in the box, then it will get right thru, and then you would have some cheap labor to unpack it. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Hi Doc,

Thank you for your efforts to get this worked out for us. I am simply dumbfounded why we have to get this stuff from down under and have to put up with all this customs BS....mebe being upside down like they are way down there:ausflag: makes 'em smarter than the engineers up in the upper '48....er '50!:usaflag:
Kinda does make some sense, as they also come up with monster nuggets, so maybe being down there isn't such a bad thing!

Geese, it is getting late...:goodnight:

~LARGO~

Things are very quiet here too Doc, especially about these battery's.
They do not appear to be available on the local scene just yet.

CUSTOMS: weird and wonderful devices and spells for evolving cultures. Bring your own mushrooms, candles and sticks. . . nakedness is an option . . .