Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Mojave, darn good detector

Old California

One of the Mojave strengths for my type of hunting, Are school yard or park type setting hunts. Dig all or cherry picking targets it does very well.

When coin hunting, or digging low conductive targets have a second discrimination pot with toggle switching from one to the other. This works well, Checking conductivity (Low or High) before digging.

Didn't care for my first second discrimination pot location, it was underneath the lower housing. Last night, Remounted headset plug to rear behind armrest. Then, Remounted second discrimination pot in it's place.

Think I'm done with the Mojave adding features, Manual ground balance, second discrimination pot with toggle that's all I need. Mojave is a fun detector, price is terrific weight fantastic! Thank you Tesoro!

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Old California said:
One of the Mojave strengths for my type of hunting, Are school yard or park type setting hunts. Dig all or cherry picking targets it does very well.

When coin hunting, or digging low conductive targets have a second discrimination pot with toggle switching from one to the other. This works well, Checking conductivity (Low or High) before digging.

Didn't care for my first second discrimination pot location, it was underneath the lower housing. Last night, Remounted headset plug to rear behind armrest. Then, Remounted second discrimination pot in it's place.

Think I'm done with the Mojave adding features, Manual ground balance, second discrimination pot with toggle that's all I need. Mojave is a fun detector, price is terrific weight fantastic! Thank you Tesoro!

Thanks for looking,
Paul
I mounted one on my Silver and it was fun to use-especially if I happened to hit a trashy area. Thinking if one for my Compadre.

They are a neat feature to add, as you mentioned in trashy areas one can be selective with either low or High conductive using a second discrimination pot.

Good luck
Paul

Old California said:
They are a neat feature to add, as you mentioned in trashy areas one can be selective with either low or High conductive using a second discrimination pot.

Good luck
Paul
Everyone does it differently- but I set my second one to break up audibly on the old style tabs. That way,, when I switch to second one from my initial discrimination (( usually light foil) if it breaks up, I know it's in the tab range. If it goes silent- nickel/large foil range- and if it's still a good signal- coin range.

Man, I wish I knew how to make these types of mods.
Second disc pot would come in handy.
Where did you relocate the ground switch?

Hello Stefan,

Eliminated the Low\High mineral toggle switch, With the manual ground balance didn't need it anymore.

I know some think the Mojave is a compadre on steroids, It's different especially the ground balance circuitry. Took me a while to get the manual ground balance pot to work right, I'm both pleased and relieved everything worked out like it should.

Maybe, Tesoro will come out with something similar in the future. Mojave II with Manual GB and second discrimination pot. Or, Manual GB and two tone would be nice, Use discrimination to set tone break. Call it the Mojave Golden.

Take care,
Paul

That's a great setting, I like that. Break up at tab range, I'll try that.

Thank you!
Paul

Old California said:
That's a great setting, I like that. Break up at tab range, I'll try that.

Thank you!
Paul
Yep! A notch detector! Almost as accurate as a real one- close enough for me!

Just bought a Mojave to replace my Compadre. I'm anxious to see how they compare, especially on jewelry bits.

Keep us posted miser with the Mojave, I think you'll like it especially with the tiny bit's and pieces it will respond too.

If one is a gold jewelry hunter, they'll most likely enjoy the Mojave.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Paul

Thank's Dancer,

The 3D toggle switch and pot arrived, if time allows going to convert to 3D discrimination this weekend.

Then, That's it not touching the Mojave going forward unless for metal detecting.

Take care,
Paul