Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Problem Quick Fix by XP

I noticed in the past several hunts my remote was not "clicking" into place on the stem like it normally does. And it actually popped off once during my last hunt which never happens to me. Fortunately it popped off into the grass while kneeling down to dig--not a problem, but had it landed on concrete...that could have been a problem. When I returned home, I made sure to clean the grooves on the back of the remote very well just to make sure debris was not causing the problem. Afterward I tried clicking it into place, but nothing...it was still very loose. So I inspected the mounting bracket on the stem...ah, there's the problem (seen in attached photo). One call to XP and the replacement part arrives Monday.

XP has seen this problem a few times in the past, so keep an eye on it if you experience the same symptoms--HH!

Mine was a bit different from me not knowing how to install the programmer properly on it the first couple of times so I damaged mine (stretched one side out so it stressed it white where yours cracked but it works fine). I picked up a spare and the spare screws into the sides unlike the original one, just so you know. It looks like an easy replacement when the time comes.

I used my bonus purchase to get the replacement hardware. Probably would be a good idea to change at least every 2 years or sooner if needed.

That is what I did too Squirrel.
I got one with the bonus program also. Now I need a new charging clip for the coil. One of the little pins is broke off so it can't charge the coil.
I need to get a couple of them to have a spare of that item too. Anything that is repeatedly removed on and off is bound to either break or wear out so a spare can't hurt to have handy.