Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Sunday Digs

morelic55

Got out today for a few hours, dug some scrap lead, cool spigot, sad little Eagle Cuff and I ran into a area where I got the 3 pinfire casings, then dug the jewel of the day, a 1852 3 cent piece, 1st one I've dug in 40 years of detecting!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! HH Mark

RolandDeschain said:
Great coin, tell us more about it. How clean was the hit, the id and how deep.

i second that, also what machine were you using?

very cool find!!

mike.

Was the machine, really trashy iron nails site. The signal was really broken in the low range, hit was one way. there were 2 square nails in the hole with it, was only 3 inches deep. Tough site, if you didn't know your machine you would be in trouble and maybe just walk away after a hour!!!!

Wow that is a really nice three cent. Those things are so small too. Congratulations.

Nice digs Mark. Those little silver 3-centers are a rare prize! Congratulations on a good outing. HH Randy

I don't get out as much as much as I would like anymore, but lately I've been blessed with a couple of good finds. The area that I found this coin in has produced a few good ones, I can almost smell a gold coin whenever I hunt there, I did get close a few years back with a counterfeit $5 gold coin.

That three cent is really nice Mark! :thumbup: I've got a couple that show a lot more wear than yours.

Is that a pinfire case in the first pic? It sure looks like it.

Yes, 3 pinfire casings, I found the 3 cent piece right in the middle of them!!!

Old Longhair said:
That three cent is really nice Mark! :thumbup: I've got a couple that show a lot more wear than yours.

Is that a pinfire case in the first pic? It sure looks like it.

morelic55 said:
Yes, 3 pinfire casings, I found the 3 cent piece right in the middle of them!!!
I can see why you keep going back there.....I would too!!