Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Live search screen options

dan93

I am still contemplating buying the V3 I have a question about the live search screen can it be customized in any way, changed from the spectra graph or can the spectra graph be customized in any way. Is it possible to hunt with the analysis screen or polar plot screen. Just by looking at the spectra graph I find it looks a little confusing maybe if the 3 frequency bars were all on one line and stacked beside each other it would be less confusing looking.

I am still new to the V3i, but I believe I can answer your question. The answer is yes, and no. You can customize your search screen. You can have it in spectra graph, polar-plot, or sizing. The sizing screen look like a oscilloscope in a way. No you cannot change the orientation of the spectra graph I believe, but you can change the size of the items on your screen, therefore changing the overall look of the screen. Personally I don't find the spectra graph confusing at all to look at, it is very easy to get used to it. I actually turned my icons off on all my screens and go solely by VDI number, just my preference. Let me say this, if you are contemplating this wonderful machine, I say get one. I don't believe you would regret your decision. The V3i is an outstanding detector with a ton of options available, you can always use the factory settings and make minor tweeks here and there if you don't want to go deep into the menus. I have owned many machines and this is by far my favorite. Good luck to you and I hope you give yourself the opportunity to experience the V3i.

The answer to your questions is yes. No to the maybe. Read the manual, http://whiteselectronics.com/info/manuals.html

Thanks for help I think the sizing screen would be easier for me to interpret.

I think a spectra graph that looked similar to this would be neat on a future V detector, more of a 3 D plot that plotted the signals and placed a color circle for each frequency on the consist ant signals. This might take away some of the jumpy VDI's since the jumpiness would be contained in each color circle. Minor signals would be outside the circles and could easily be ignored. It wouldn't look exactly like this picture the colored circles would be smaller with tighter groupings but this but this is the closest picture I could find.

fz9lc8.jpg

The sizing screen was never intended for actual hunting. If you used a V31 you would know about the swing limitations of the analysis screens. If the screen was a you said it would be an entirely different machine and best would be discussed on the general forum. We answered your question. It's not a V3i you are talking about so I am closing the post.