Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo or GB2

rexy

Hello everyone, I was wondering how the Tesoro lobo compared with the GB2. I heard many good things about them and after comparing, they are neck and neck with each other. Can anyone tell me which detector can detect smaller gold, and at what depth.

I think if you carefully read Steve's post you will have the answers you seek Read especially the link he gave you. NO One knows more than Steve about the range of detectors you listed in your first post.

I have used the GB2 and the Tesoro...if you want small gold the GB2 is the one...depth has too many factors to even try to answer...

good luck

fred

Ok, great Thanks.

These are both older detectors and have there followings. The Gold bug 2 will find smaller gold than any of the others, the lobo st is supposedly one of the easiest gold detectors to learn. The Whites gold master series are good also. The gold masters, will find almost as small of gold as the gold bug 2 and the newest one the GMT has great iron id. I have used the whites gold master 2, vsat, and GMT and they are all great. I currently have a Gold bug pro and its great also. Doubles as a general purpose detector also. I can tell you that it will detect gold smaller than I want to look for. Has good iron disc and is easy to use. Good luck.

Thanks. Great info, and great way to sum it up. I guess I will decide depending on what comes around.:happy:

Have not used the Lobo, but I can say that in terms of gold jewelry, I have never seen a detector hit on tinier targets than the GB2.

I own them both with multiple sized coils. I carry both as when 1 has a problem with trash(GB2) the Supertraq Lobo shines. Also going to tiny coil helps get around trash on both units. Having disc is a definate advantage of the TLST but rarely used as have learned how to use pinpoint mode as a form of id. Double hit both ways=goodies,1 way hits not so. Learn whatever unit you buy as takes time to learn the quirks in all the dozens of conditions they are subjected to. I chest mount them both as makes digging targets much easier,keeps the box out of the dirt and doesn't impede access to my pistol. Many used units for sale(used but not abused) on craigslist and forums now as the new wave of miners gives up as it IS hard work and not a get rich ez thang.-John

OK, makes sense now. :clapping:

Happy hunting