Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo ST compared to Cibola and Vaquero

JoeR

Has anyone who has experience with the Lobo ST been able to compare it with either the Cibola or the Vaquero?I am curious about their relative abilities (for want of a better term)to "see through iron".My air tests on my LST give the same results as reported on this forum for the Cibola for"depth".Soil conditions vary but postings seem to indicate similar performance in the ground also.I have seen no comparisons for Iron handling,RF interference or relative sweep speeds.

Do you have your disc set at 2.1/2 and your sens at 10 on your Lobo when you use it Joe
as i find that the best setting for not digging the iron or the small bits of coke that we find here in the UK.
As for the Cibola v the Lobo in the iron, i prefer to use the Lobo as i find that i dig less iron with Lobo than i do with the Cibola but that's me. Other people might say the opposite to me , i also think that i get a bit more depth on the things that i look for with the Lobo over the Cibola.
On a good note for the Cibola it is finding some real nice Roman and Celtic coins over here

Thank you Les for the informative post.I have a suspicion that these new machines are just stripped down Lobos in a lighter weight case.I was hoping they would add GB in discriminate to the old detector along with tone ID but that may have priced it too high.In any event ,my settings are similar to yours when I can hunt ground without much aluminum trash which is not that common over here.

the middle of the coin a scratch or a seam from when it was made? It sort of looks like a casting seam.

its a broken die mark where the die was broken when they struck it with the hammer, well spotted Woods walker. heres a picture of the other side of the coin