Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo ST for coins and relics.

OZDigger

Currently there is a new Lobo ST on Australian ebay for a good price (by Australian standards). Reading the Tesoro website the Lobo is recommended as a coin and relic machine as well as a gold machine. I am interested to hear opinions about this claim and comparisons to other Tesoro machines such as the Vaquero.

I use my LST on beaches (soft sand) for small gold and jewelry when I get a chance. It hits hard on very tiny targets and has awesome discrimination. I have it set up to just knock out the iron and pretty much run with it at full sensitivity most of the time. It's a simple machine to use and a pleasure to swing. I can hunt coins if I wish but prefer my TID machine for quick hunts on $1 & $2 coins. For an older machine I think it still does a very good job and its versatility from gold hunting to coin and jewelry hunting is still its selling point today. Also a good variety of coils are at your disposal and the ability to hip mount it if you wish is nice. As far as the auto ground balance goes I have not had a problem and I live in North Queensland. I have tested my LST on a local gold field and was impressed how it handled the harsh mineralization. It did struggle in some areas but overall she ran beautifully. Hope this helps you mate.
Cheers!

Thanks for the informative answer. Have you tried any other coils such as concentrics or the 3x18 cleansweep.

I only have the stock coil but if the opportunity presented itself I would buy the 9x8" concentric coil simply because of it's different search pattern.
Cheers!