Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo Super Traq

fltacoma

I was talking to one of the representatives of a big metal detector comany about Tesoro and he said that the deepest machine besides the Tejon was the Lobo Super Traq. I was a little surprised to hear him say that those machines are pretty good at relic hunting. Do any of you guys/gals own one and if so, do you use it for relic hunting?

I had a Lobo ST and I now have a Tejon and neither have been used for relic hunting. I am a coin and inland jewelry hunter.

Ron in WV

Hmm. Now the wheels are turning if I want to buy one or not....the wife is the gonna like this!

Just for me, the Lobo ST was a good machine but the deal breaker for me was auto ground tracking, it was only active in all metal. So being a coin hunter and pretty much running disc and GB is pre set from the factory in disc.

The way I looked at the Lobo ST was it is mainly for gold prospecting. So I sold my Lobo ST and bought the Tejon which has manual GB that carries over into disc, which is more in line with my coin hunting.

If I was in gold country I would be all over the the Lobo ST, but no gold in WV.

Ron in WV

I have one that I used in Arizona for nugget shooting and it came in handy relic hunting around the TRASHY mining camps. I'm not crazy about the preset GB while in discriminate mode but it can help (under most conditions) in picking out non-ferrous signals from the ferrous trash! You can find some neat relics around mining camps but it would be tough with an All-Metal only gold detector. Granted it is certainly an older unit but it can still find the goods if you swing the coil over them. Here back in Texas I have used the LST a few times relic hunting while in discriminate mode and its gets good depth here in this mild soil. Out west I use to always see if I could catch it tracking out small metal while in All-Metal tracking mode...I never could as long as the ground minerals weren't too much for a VLF type detector!