Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo SuperTraq

Lightstryder

So I just did a trade with another member for an LST. A buddy of mine uses one to do shallow fresh water hunting and he absolutely loves his. So I figured I would give it a shot and reading that it is a decent coin shooter as well was intriguing to me. Well I received it a couple of days ago and have taken it out a couple of times. My first voyage out with it was to a beach that is fairly mineralized and has definite visible black sand throughout. I ground balanced it in normal and it wouldn't quite get a perfect GB, but I went with it anyway because I didn't want my sensitivity cut back. I hunted for a few minutes and found some shallow clear sounding coins along with some clear but "ramped up" sounding corroded zincolns. I thought to myself, I could get used to these sounds, I like them. Then I got a faint solid sound and dug a dime at approximately 9 inches down. I then thought to myself, this thing is awesome. A single frequency machine not GB'ed correctly at a nasty saltwater beach and I hear a 9 inch dime, I love it. Anyway I would like to hear from people who also use the LST frequently for other than prospecting. Any tips for this lovely gem of a machine?

The LST is a fine detector and it's good to hear it performed so well for you.

What beach were you at ?? you mentioned fresh water and later salt water conditions above. The West Coast Beach's here where I am at are nasty in places where the Florida Beach's or more East Coast Beach's are more mild even though they are Salt water beach's too. I use the Fisher CZ-21 VLF duel frequency detector here because the West Coast whet Salt Water Sand plays hell on single frequency VLF detectors. I also use the Tesoro Sand Shark PI unit both detectors do a great job.

Happy Hunting, :detecting:
Bill G