Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Locals and the Honey Hole

Black Davy

Locals and the Honey Hole
Took my family on vacation to the beach and brought the finny with 8" coil. Went to the pier and spied 4 others swinging to the right side of the pier they were working dry sand, wet sand and surf. Looking for my own space I hit the left side of the pier. After 30 min the one working the wet sand moved down so I moved over and worked the wet sand down into the surf. I noticed the guy working the surf was digging a lot so I worked over in that direction within 50' feet or spoof him. When he left I moved into the honey hole within 20 minutes I had scored really well. A 1941 10k class ring with blue sapphire, next a .5 oz .925 artisan silver sunflower ring then a homemade silver spoon ring and .925 earring two quarters came in between. I was stoked the surf was on its way in and I headed back to the camp for low tide the next day.

Glad you stood your ground.....otherwise you wouldn't:devil: have done so well.....or, perhaps even better somewhere else.

They obviously didn't know who they were dealing with. Nice finds, Davy.

You wouldn't want to try those tactics here in the Aussie gold fields.
If somebody finds a spot where there are a few nuggets about they then claim it as "THEIR PATCH" :starwars: and God help any man trying to swing his detector within pick throwing distance :ranting: of that patch.
Greedy sods over here.
At the beach it is a bit more civilised but if somebody got within 10 feet of me at the beach with another detector then I might ask him ta SHOVE OFF or be SHOVED OFF :ranting: