Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lone star tick

IDB

It's been a while since I last posted the same reasons life work grandkids .Thought I'd pass along info about this tick .I've only been relic hunting twice this year and always take all the steps for ticks .I think I only found three or four ticks but it only takes one.In June I thought I'd picked up a stomach bug or something I ate didn't agree with me.Every thing I ate went straight thru me also very weak and flu symptoms.This went on for two weeks finally went to Dr ,blood test showed Alph gal which means I have a allergic reaction to red meat dairy products . All from a tick bite, so now you can add another illness to ticks. So take extra care out there. Symptoms vary from person to person and the reaction can be life threatening in some cases. I live in va but I think there in the whole southeastern part of country .Hope no one else gets this.

Here in WV they are thick this year, so much rain makes good cover for these pasty devil's.Thanks for the heads up on the ticks.

I'm sorry to hear about your bout with ticks. I hate those lil' devils. They are plenty here in our state of Georgia. You need to be cautious this time of year even just going out in your yard. I sincerely hope you get better soon.

Sat. night a friend and I were talking out in the yard, he felt something on his leg, it was a lone star tick. I had never seen one, it has a white spot on it's back. He burned it with a match to kill it, but this is in Kentucky. Where did they come from. Just watch for them. Happy hunting.

This is good advice and detectorists should be particularly aware as we tend to be more prone to tick bites because of the places we hunt in.Over here tick bites can cause lymes disease in rare cases which can take years to get over.

Heard of this one it’s nasty and can ruin your life I live in Old Lyme Ct where Lyme disease came from my best friend is one of the first known cases before it was named he spent months at Yale hospital and tons of tests when it was discovered it was a tick Bourne illness..
When I go out in the woods I always where long pants and spray clothes with Permethrin it kill ticks when they come in contact with it works great!
Get some my friend who’s a tree Arborist says he never finds ticks on him with it!

Thank you for your concern . My dog got Lymes and we live near cows so the odds were against me I do use permethrin i got some from farm store and mix my own and reapply often . Take care out there