Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lonely Vaquero seeks companion for long term relationship despite soil conditions

Minas man

I started out with a failed first owner and a very hard time in Wisconsin and had great hopes when I found my new owner over the Internet some five years ago. I was hesitant to go as this was a cyber match up, and well really, the east coast of Canada so far away. You just don't know if you will be used the way you want to be used.
I must not lie the first year was tough and he tried so hard to listen to me but he just did not under stand what I was saying to him. Oh don't get me wrong we had some good times but some times he would dig a hole 8 inches deep and then he would get frustrated and just fill it in. Even with a fresh battery he could not pin point the problem.
There were times when I caught him on the Internet looking for another detector to meet his so called needs. Visions of my Wisconsin years brought me to the threshold, and it seemed that I would never be ground balanced. We needed outside help.
He thought that a 5.75 coil would make our problems go away but when we went to get one he ended up with and Garrett Pinpointer Pro.
I was skeptical but our first time out all together was amazing and now we are inseparable. Gone are the days off holes dug and no recovery and now I get good vibes from our black companion. PinPointer pro was light in the hole our troubled relationship.
On our second anniversary he surprised me with a 10x5 DD elliptical with an eight foot cable. Wow need I say more.
It has been five years and now he wants to hunt on bad ground but I am not threatened as I am still 2.2 lbs and no one can take that from me.
All I want is for him to be happy on bad salty soil, is that to much to ask even if it means for him leaning a new language.
Signed : Looking for Companion for Vaquero to cover new ground.

PS: Whats your companion detector?

Cabin fever huh:rofl:

Vaquero rules!!!!

Cabin fever. Heck no I get the winters off!javascript:editor_tools_handle_smiley_select(":pinnochio"):spin:

I now have the vaquero, I hope it does good , I know its all metal is deep ,

Companion for salty soil?
I too, love my Vaquero, but I also have a new F70 and it is a remarkable machine that has plenty of settings that can overcome many tough situations.
Look at the F70, F75, T2, Gamma and Omega units.
Some say the Xterra 705 is very good, also.

You are right I am deep and my owner hunts with me mainly in all metal mode via the pin point button which makes for a quick jump to discrimination once the button is released. He's a smooth operator!
Must I spell it out, I am only a single frequency detector and my owner lives in a very diverse geological province. It's possible to drive 10 miles in any direction and have 4 different soil conditions. The 10x5 DD helped but he needs to get out on new ground!
Well it's out in the open now, Ground Balance,is the problem, difficult soils and being surrounded by salt water. Sometimes I wonder if I am just to sensitive sniff sniff. Sorry let me adjust my threshold and gain my composure oh a fresh battery, now I am more stable.
Being a Vaquero, I am sensitive but after 5 years a Pinpointer pro and an extra coil I am ready for some more support.
I thought you people on the Tesoro forum could help a lonely Vaquero find a companion....Detector......but I guess I should have posted on E Harmony, that's short for Electronic Harmony right? Or the maybe the Minelab forum.
Lonely Vaquero seeks Minelab for lasting good times in all soils, companionship and swinging. Willing to share Pinpointer Pro but not coil.

Who else has a Minelab companion?

you must now get a P,I machine

If there is a possibility of EMI being an issue I would stay away from the T2 and the Omega for sure and more than likely the F75 not sure about the F70 and Gamma tho. Just bought a X-705 and only have a couple of hunts with it but both have been at places I have to turn my Omega's sensitivity to 56/57 to keep it stable enough to hunt with, the 705 was set at 25 (max is 2:geek:.

So nice not to be alone in the quest to find a hunting companion for me, a lonely Vaquero. The fisher / Teknetics have always caught my eye as they are light like me and those big displays..... well who wouldn't like that but the EMI is a big turn off for me. As far a sensitive is concerned even I do not run at full sensitivity all the time......................I am just to unstable.
Part of the problem is I just don't get out and meet new detectors as most of the ones being suggested are not local and no dealer either. What is a lonely Vaquero to do?
Would love to hear more about that Minelab 705 or the Safari or any of there cousins.
Did I say that I like to travel, I travel so well, coming apart into three and then unscrewing the ........... to mush detail for a family forum. I will be back in Florida, in a little wile so maybe I will be able to meet some of your suggestions there as the pool of detectors is so much larger there.
I heard kaolinwasher say PI. which I have considered and was even bidding on one from the sunshine state but I backed off due to the inability to discriminate for I am a Vaquero and I have very good discrimination and if you don't believe me ask " 53silver " on You tube.
That lucky detector will compliment me, Vaquero, and will compensate for my short comings and together no soil will be undetectable in tis fair Province or any State.

Sign: Still searching lonely Vaquero.
PS.
I once met a Minelab Excalibur at the beach in Florida but quite frankly his coil was to high in the air for me so we got off on the wrong frequency and there was cross talk.:lol:

I hope that you find a true love and live happily ever after:inlove:

Hombre said:
I hope that you find a true love and live happily ever after:inlove:
Thanks Hombre its nice to know that some people like knobs and switches as you state in your signature it gives a lonely Vaquero hope.

kansa54 said:
This is weird.
I bet there are a lot of Tesoros with non Tesoro companions rolling around in the trunks of many cars. Why shouldn't I want a companion detector too?
Yes it is weird for a Vaquero to post for non Tesoro companionship on a Tesoro forum.
Maybe I should have asked what non Tesoro is your companion detector?
Sign: Still waiting patiently Vaquero

My Vaquero has a little brother instead of a companion... a COMPADRE :twodetecting:

A little brother would OK as long as he does not mine being in the salt mash soils or hot rock basalt areas. Oh to have a stable companion to help share the work load.
I am busy on You tube and forums researching the suggestions from forum members.
Tonight it is the Minelab 705 but I have yet to determine if it will be stable in the wet salt conditions. A purple and blue detector this might work.
Still would like to hear more input so don't be shy.
Vaquero

If I remember correctly about some posts on the other forum I don't think the 705 would be your best bet in salt. I could be wrong tho might not hurt to ask some of the more experienced 705 users of there just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for that digginLa you are right, the x-terra 705 is as unstable as me, Vaquero, so I will move on in my search for a stable detector to compliment me.
Now looking at Safari and Explorer but I must say I like what the x-terra 705 can do.
The quest continues.
Vaquero

:clapping:Good news after a six month search I found a companion for my Vaquero a Minelab Sovereign sx 2a pro . I saw a YouTube video done by "53silver" about the the Sovereign GT and at the beginning of the video 53silver describes the Sovereign GT as a" Vaquero on steroids ". From all accounts this detector will enable me to hunt the salt water beaches and marshes. This detector has the optional display to go along with multi tone or mono tone ID.
Vaquero was my fist detector and it is an awesome machine on so many levels and I believe the Sovereign is too and with this :inlove: duo :inlove: I will be able to hunt any soil conditions.
And this match happened just before Valentines Day :inlove:
Thanks for all who took the time to posted in this thread.

Minas Man:clap:

Glad you found the machine you were looking for. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you can find with it.