Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long handle for my scoop

rottonr

I purchased and have been using a new scoop that I got a wood (Shovel) handle for and it is already cracked. I want to put a fiberglass or better yet a steel filled fiberglass handle for it but have had no luck finding one. Until this year I have been using a aluminum scoop with a 1 12" aluminum handle welded right on it, very very very slim chance if it breaking.

Help

I've used a replacement wheelbarrow handle for years. Available at any big box hardware store. Most of them are cut square, so some rounding of corners is necessary for grip and carry comfort. But because they're square, they fit more snug into the scoop mounts. Never even came close to breaking one.

Walmart porthole digger handle - $9

https://www.walmart.com/ip/True-Temper-2038100-Post-Hole-Digger-Handle-48-in-L/19283506

I use a fiberglass handle pulled from an old shingle remover tool. Filled the hollow with closed cell foam and epoxied the end. Very strong.
Lots of good answers out there- you just have to find the one that you like the best.

I put a good $olid Hickory shovel handle in my scoop (Stavr I think), got it from the hardware store (not warehouse sprawlmart depot.) Did not help the weight issue any but I could fight off a hoard of rabid marauding Vikings if I needed to. If Thor or Paul Bunyan had a beach scoop, this would be it. :)

You could go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap shovel (use coupon) with a fiberglass handle and a D-handle and grind off the rivets and pull off the shovel head.

Probably be about $8.

ROBOCOP