Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long handled beach scoops

artman60

Hi, looking for opinions on long handled beach scoops. I'm gonna need one by labor day, and wanted to start doing the research. I'm looking for opinions on best, and best value. I do not dive, this is wading only, fresh and salt. In advance thank you for all input. Artie

Hi there, I live in the uk, but I bought my sand scoop from the USA. It's called a full metal jacket. The handle splits in half for transport, it cost about 100 dollars. It is the best bit of kit I've bought, it makes it SO much quicker recovering items in soft and even hard packed sand. It has paid for itself countless times, and it still looks like new. If you find bending down tricky or you are recovering whilst wading it is essential. Try searching for full metal jacket sand scoop and have a look. Good luck :)

If your hunting real real soft sand, a regular sand scoop will work. There are scoop models out there that have tips on them. RTG can add a SS tip to any of theres. They don't charge more. Pro scoop an Sunspot all have kind of a pointed tip to it. Choice is yours. Id go with the biggest bucket you can find. Clad teatered on its side can be difficult to pinpoint. And after you miss your first try, you gotta repinpoint it because it moved. So getting it in one scoop is important. Hope this helps. Any one of those vendors will ship to you by august no problems. I would ask just to make sure. I would also order by the end of the week. HH an GL. -Joe

The add that flashes at the top is a good place to buy.
Reilly's Treasured Gold a sponser.
I bought mine at Kellco's a few years ago.
Just google scoops and you'll get plenty of hits.

Hi there, I live in the uk, but I bought my sand scoop from the USA. It's called a full metal jacket. The handle splits in half for transport, it cost about 100 dollars. It is the best bit of kit I've bought, it makes it SO much quicker recovering items in soft and even hard packed sand. It has paid for itself countless times, and it still looks like new. If you find bending down tricky or you are recovering whilst wading it is essential. Try searching for full metal jacket sand scoop and have a look. Good luck :)