Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long road trip, but we didn't get skunked.:twodetecting:

My buddy Lee and I decided to go on a out of town hunt for four days and it was kind of disappointing, but we got a few keepers. The place we had high hopes for turned out to be a real bust and the first little park we stopped at was where we did the best. Lee found his oldest coin to date with a pretty worn 1873 seated quarter and just that coin alone made his trip worthwhile. He was a very happy camper to say the least and I was very happy for him. The chances of finding a old seated quarter like that around home are probably slim to none. We hit a few little old towns and tried to find the city parks, but the ones we did find only gave up clad and a couple of wheats. Kind of sad to see these old towns with most of the stores either boarded up or just closed down, but I guess the people that live close by just got to the bigger towns instead of supporting their own small business's We put almost 800 miles on my truck and going down a bunch of dirt roads turned my truck from gray to brown.:rofl:Saw some neat old places and got some cool pictures. Our finds this trip were Lee's 1873 seated quarter, a 1906 Indian, 45 merc, 52 rosie, a 1919 and a 51 wheat and I think he got a couple more wheats and he also got a heart charm and a silver earring. I did manage to find a dime trifecta with a 1901 Barber dime, a 45 merc, 59 rosie and a 44, 45, 47 and 55 wheats. Not much as far as keepers, but it was the thrill of the hunt and being with a good buddy that made the trip worthwhile. We also found between the two of us almost $50 in clad and I couldn't count the targets we had to dig up. Probably never go that far again and just stick with the places we have around here to detect. Thanks for looking fellows and GL & HH to everyone.

Eddie

Nice road trip bud. You guys did well.

Good stuff Eddie .. :cheers:. that's a lot of driving.

Sounds like a good trip, with some good finds. I was out that way in early Sept. and saw some tempting parks, but didn't have the detector. One I remember in Tacoma was Wright Park. Congrats.

Looks like you had a good trip Eddie. Some of my more memorable excursions were not based on how much was found but rather the fun I had getting there. Having a friend to share it with makes things even better!

DD

Nice finds old friend.:beers:

Road trips can be a lot of fun whether you find anything or not...and it looks like you two fellers did very well:thumbup:

Good hunting Eddie. You guys surely had a blast. That is a lot of driving and searching:cheers:

Very nice Eddie, good work on the trifecta. Good hunts with good friends are hard to beat! :beers: