Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Look at the brighter side!

erjtej

Hey guys! Yes I have a problem with MY AT Pro. It doesn't look like anyone else has encountered this. So that is a GREAT thing. If only one machine in the initial release has a problem, that says a lot for Garrett's quality policy. I looks to me like Garrett had to jump through a hoop to deliver what they did. So there should be quality problems. Looks like there aren't many. Hey, I have an AT, just not the Pro right now. I will be content to try to figure out the standard mode for now. When I posted that I got the first lemon, that was probably a bad choice of words. What in my heart I meant was that I had encountered the first noticeable problem. It will be fixed, and I will have a fully functioning machine in may hand as soon as it goes through the procedures of repair or replacement. It is the Thanksgiving season, and I intend to view it as such. As I stated, at least it is only my machine that has a problem, I am thankful that it isn't yours. I am also thankful for meeting all the GREAT members of the forum, and I can tell you honestly you guys ARE great! This is a hobby that we need to promote and respect, it has taken a lot of sweat and blood to get where we are now. I remember when we were isolated, the only other person that might even be interested in what we are doing was rare. States had laws that prevented our hobby, and many more areas were trying to shut us down. First came a few publications, a few clubs sprang up. but now look at us. Look at the forum you are on now as a great example. We take for granted that someone had to take the time and finances to develop and promote this site, Now, as beneficiaries, we can vent, ask questions, take and leave valuable information, learn about any and all new developments in our hobby and most of all kindle and develop FRIENDSHIPS that will last a lifetime! I have met many true friends here, some I have constant contact with because we share a common bond. Most of us get up in the morning and go to work, some may be retired but still have way too many responsibilities to be totally free to do as they please. We face the same tough economic times, hardships, joys and tribulations. But we are brothers in a common field. We all love the experience of running a coil over ground, in the water, where ever we choose trying to find some lost treasure that to us is priceless. Let's stop trying to dissect a product and either crucify it because it is weak in some area or glorify it because it is so good in another and enjoy what it is,,,,,,,an opportunity to enjoy a versatile machine that may well prove to be one of the best.

I would like to say that from this problem I have been privilege to meet more new friends. I especially want to thank Joe at Demarco detectors who so kindly offered to swap out my machine for a new machine. He is not the dealer I bought from, I had never heard from him or his company, but friends, this is truly a gem of a dealer. That he would offer to help someone he doesn't know, that has never paid a cent to, with no possible gain for himself, this is how we all should act towards our fellow hunters. WOW. What can you say about someone like this? This shows that our hobby is worthwhile and worth fighting for if need be. Any one looking for a dealer out there? Need I say more? and Willee, God bless Willee. Always positive and always offering a good opinion. Friends take these opinions as treasures, and use themas such! Thanks so much for all the reviews, opinions, heartfelt regret over my problem. Put in perspective, I don't even have a problem. It will work itself out. Lets take the real problems that are out there and try to do something about those. Might even fix some of them! Again, thanks my brothers, I wish you only the best hunting and the best of everything in your futures! Earl Johnson.

Good post Earl, and some good thoughts for us all to ponder. Hope that you get swinging again soon, and that the AT behaves itself next time.

I'm sure with the production bind Garrett is in that there will be more than a few glitches but that is to be expected and of course corrected quickly by Garrett as we are all aware of their devotion to customers and superb customer service.

Bill