Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Look for the deals on the etracs

ramer

I find it amusing how people are now throwing the etracs under the bus. A month ago, it was the best thing since sliced bread. Now it is "too heavy" or "too awkward" or "not balanced properly, or too slow." That's why I personally never buy into the hype put forth by detector owners in the various forums. I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. I think more often than not, users tend to build up their detectors in their own mind "willing it to be the best out there." It becomes a legend in their own minds and then suddently, a new machine comes along and these same users begin to "suddently" find lots of faults with their etracs. Funny stuff.
So for those wanting to buy a used etrac, there should soon be lots of them at rock bottom prices. For me, it is too heavy and too slow, so I will never buy one.

The CTX is a better machine. I held off initially when it first came out because I really liked the ETRAC, but once I switched I can tell you that it's a better MD from experience with it and side by side. It's not "hype", or "building it up in our minds" when you hit a spot with it that you pounded with an ETRAC for months, and it spits out 14 silver dimes all at depths of 9-10" in one day, so unless you own a CTX and can do a comparison where you're at, like many of us have, you're adding an opinion without any experience or data to back it up. Seriously, if the CTX sucked I would've sent it right back for my ETRAC because the ETRAC was awesome. It's just now it's "not as good" as what's currently out. The End.