Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Look what I brought home, for permission to hunt.

Dustyroundup

I figured Nancy would get a kick out of this.

I was up at a clients house a couple of days ago, he's the one with the old cabin / chicken coop.

Anyhow, he says , he has something for me , he's in a pickle, and I have to take it home. ?????
I was a little concerned, as he is known to be a prankster, but I agreed. Seeins how I want to hunt his place.

So, he hauls out these two African Geese, he says they are raising heck with his chickens. Somebody recently gave them to him. but he wont tell me who
Hmmm??? red flag???

So I brought them home and put them in the goat pen. The kids got home from school, and proceeded straight to doing chores.
Boy , it was funny , the 8 year old came running in saying we had to go look, there were ducks in the pen ,, LOL

So, the teen girl , hates them, as they hiss at her , when she's feeding.
Honestly, if you make eye contact with them, they do come at ya, but if you dont make eye contact its fine. LOL
And , they are LOUD ! Oh and if you can see it , the pygmy goats are afraid , and are hiding in theyre hut.
The geese are actually BIGGER than the goats !

Ahh so, I now have goat chores and goose chores added to my daily chore list, until I come up with a better plan
But as you can see it snowed again last night, so I wont be digging post holes anytime too soon.

All because I want to keep the guy buttered up, so I can detect his place.

Smooth move on my part huh? LOL, the family hasnt quite adjusted yet, so I'm still getting some flak.

Anybody else get themselves in a pickle , to hunt a spot?

good Luck Dusty

[size=large]haven't got myself in trouble as of yet. what i see is weeks of roast goose. invite the geese to your next BBQ. they can lay, i mean stay for dinner and lunch then dinner then lunch ect, ect .... :rofl:

HH[/size]

Their the best watch dogs you will ever find. Nothing will sneek up on them.

Oh my, you're in a pickle for sure. Must be a sweet pickle for taking them home. They are nice size geese and I see why you were the one chosen. Did I see "S-U-C-K-E-R" on that shed? Sorry, I had to say it. What in the world are you going to do with two noisy geese and those pour goats? Does your son like the geese? I know they can nip and it can be painful. Just ask my mother......LOL. After it bit mom, my dad did away with it's head. I was just a baby then but mom still remembers it like it were yesterday.

I sure hope you find a lot of wonderful treasures in that old barn after taking those geese. Maybe God will be kind to you for doing that man a big favor. :surrender: Oh, I can only imagine. :wacko: Good luck and keep us posted on your new flock.

Cranberry sause, sage dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, green bean casserole.

What is missing?

Mark

Hmm, I wonder what is missing.................
[attachment 191224 Goose.JPG]

I'll bring the wine.
[attachment 191223 Wine.JPG]

LOL,
Well, I kind of think Im starting to like them.
I guess it will all depend on how the horses get along with them , when I bring them home for the summer.
I cant have horses running through fences. Or gettin goofy with the kids on theyre backs.

But , then again , I taught my favorite horse to chase dogs, so he might just tromple the geese.?

We'll see I guess.

Happy Hunting
Dusty