Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lookin thru some ole German made bullits I found these :shock:

9 out of 25 have case cracks :shock: this coulda been not so good shootin :lol:
These were given too me and I never use anything I have not eyeballed myself too make sure no case splits appear ;)

These are NOT reloads either... but very old :lol:..prolly WWII :shrug:
Coulda not made my day shootin these :(
[attachment 202440 IMG_1645Large.JPG]
[attachment 202441 IMG_1644Large.JPG]

When I was 17 I bought a British 303 rifle from Montgomery Wards for $17.00. I also bought some British Surplus Ammo. Sometime later, I took it out to a dump ground to try it out. The fifth round had a hang-fire and went off as I was taking the rifle off my shoulder. Hell of a kick when it went off. Two more shots later it did the same thing. I got worried and started to take the last shot in the ten round magazine but got scared and decided to look first. That last round was split all the way down and the bullet was loose in the case. I removed the lead tipped bullet and put it in my pocket, emptied the cordite charge and threw the case away. Checking the remaining shells. there were no more duds, but I was through for the day. At home. I drilled a hole in the lead bullet and put it on a chain which I wore around my neck for several years as a reminder. When I was drafted, Not having a pen or pencil with me, I used that lead tipped bullet to sign my induction papers. Papers were not signed in blood, but signed in lead.

I don't know about WW-1,but any type of expandable ammo was prohibited during and since WW-2.

Yer story sure brot back some good memories fer me. When i was 14 i went to a local hardware store and for $27.00
bot me a K-98 and 200 rounds of ammo. Took my new prize to a local strip mine and 200 rounds and a very sore should later i walked away with no hearin in my left ear :lol:
I'm still deaf in that ear.
I was gunsmith for many years and man could i tell ya some stories that would curl yer teeth.