Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking at a new XT-705 on EBAY. Minelab tape?

I am looking at a new never used XT 705 Gold Pack on EBay. There are 7 pictures of the box. The backside picture shows printed tape midway on the top of the box. It is about 2 inches wide and 2 inches down the box with printing I can not quite read Does Minelab put a Brand tape on their boxes like Amazon? Seller has over 2000 transactions and 99.8 approval. Just curious about that tape.

Neither of my Minelab boxes have any factory tape at all. Just a couple stickers.

I just looked at mine , and it has a approximately 3/4 by 3/4 silver piece of tape on it that says Minelab in the middle and genuine minelab in smaller letters across the top , and genuine performance in small letters across the bottom . My unit may be 2 years old or so . I think its there so they will know if someone has been into the control box .

Thanks Hawgdawg, can you tell me if your box has the silver hologram label with the white plastic rivit on the side of the box? It should be on the side with the barcodes. I have one coming from Ebay next week. It has the seal tape you are describing. I just want to be sure it's genuine. I requested a hologram viewer from Minelab to check when it arrives. Minelab said that I would have to go to a dealer who could check the box with the viewer. Minelab did say they would check the serial number for me. I think I am ok, but want to be be sure.

Don't be worried about it the bay will refund your money if it is not what it should be. If the seller doesn't.

Thanks for all the input folks. My new 705 Gold Pack is on the way. I am confident it is the real deal. Now to complete the deal I need:
The Garrett Carrot.
A cover for the control box.
A coil cover.
Some TDK WR700 or Rapoo wireless headphones.

Received my new Xterra 705 from Ebay today. Pristine condition, brand new. Never opened with the Genuine Minelab tape sealing the box. It also had the white riveted hologram on the side. Registration is complete and Minelab email acknowledged my serial number registration. I didn't realize that it came with the coil cover installed. Now i need to get the Garrett Carrot and either the Rapoo or TDK wireless headphones. I also need to get another coil. Probably the 10.5 DD HF. I appreciate all the help you folks have been. Old Longhair, you have helped a lot of folks out. I for one appreciate you time and effort.

:thumbup: Congratulations on the new machine!
You've just joined us in owning the most underrated detector on the market. :cheers:

While I appreciate your comment, I have to say that Randy is the supreme educator when it comes to the Xterra. Without him I would still be struggling. He taught us how effective a tool the Xterra can be, and is the one that deserves all the praise for what he's so generously contributed to the hobby, the forum, and Xterra owners worldwide.

Be sure to post up your finds. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.....it's why we're all here.
GL & HH!