Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking at GPS

Hightone

Thought I might get some help here.

Looked at Tom Tom, Garmin, Magellan, and one called a Nav740 by V7. I had it narrowed down to the TT XL-S or the Garmin Nuvi 650, then this V7 seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. Anyone have any input on these. I want (of course) good maps and not a company that will be hard to deal with, if I have to. I do want to be able to mark a spot that I am detecting in if I want to return.

I am pleased with my Garmin C340. It isn't a high end machine, but is just fine for street use. It is pretty useless for off road, or hiking / camping use. For that I have a Garmin Legend CX. Since you are looking at Nuvi's I am assuming you want a machine for automotive use. The maps in my C340 are excellent, so I am sure any of the Nuvi's will be as good. Joe

Thanks Joe.

I know Garmin is some good stuff. But for $200, this Nav740 seems to be a new player that is getting rave reviews.

Brochure for Nav730/740