Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking at the E-Trac Pattern File Formats (need some patterns please)...

Erik in NJ

Can someone that has their E-Trac handy send me some patterns? What I would like are the following 4 files:

1. A pattern for a wide open screen (no disc at all)
2. A pattern for a fully discriminated screen (all black)
3. A pattern with a discrimination of 1 - xx (all ferrous 1 locations disc'ed out for every conductive value)
4. A pattern with a discrimination of xx - 1 (all conductive 1 locations disc'ed out for every ferrous value)

You can either post them here or email them to me - send me a PM and I'll send you my email address. I appreciate the help as I can't set up my E-Trac in the living room at the moment (read: wife watching ;-)

Forget it - I have my E-Trac set up on the coffee table (wife not happy, but thinks its one of my old XS's that I never used :yikes:) with the X-1 from my old XS and I've started saving several patterns to understand the .ptrn file format. I have a pretty good handle on it now, but there are a few bytes I'm not sure about - either checksums, garbage, or maybe some other info that they're putting in there. I'm trying to reverse engineer their thought process. If anyone wants to work with me on this please PM me. Thanks, Erik