Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking at the F75 LTD but . . .

mike5853

So it’s been a year since the F75 upgrades started and I see you can get the F75 LTD for $1,099 now, which seems like a steal. I may be behind on this issue but I was just wondering if all the bugs were finally worked out. I own the F75 standard and it works great, excellent depth, I just dug a 1951 penny at 8” on default process, 50 - 70 sensitivity. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

I think the ones since 12-14 were ok. I have one and it operates fine.

I see you can get the F75 LTD for $1,099 now

You can get it for a lot less than that if you call dealers.

Mike , my Upgraded ( 3/15) F75 LTD -SE works great no issues. Know I just seen where First Texes is offering that same upgrade for a limited time. Instead of buying a new one , if it was me , I would send your F75 you have in for the upgrade . It will be like a new machine for a fraction of the cost. Plus they offer a warrantee . JMO. GS

The DST feature of the LTD2 is well worth it whether you buy new or upgrade the one you already have. I added one to my collection earlier this year and really like it. The older F75 machines have a rep for being crippled by EMI but I can fiddle with the settings and run this unit in places I have to avoid with my FBS machine and other VLF units. If I remember this weekend I will take a picture of the power lines I was hunting under yesterday and the silver I found while so.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just ordered the F75 LTD and should have it by the weekend. Like most I've watching the videos and with the additional mode, bp, it should kick butt! I can give my F75, original version to my son. I'm routinely digging pennies and dimes to 8" with that F75. Thanks again.

I'm going to be getting a new f75 myself. Looking forward to it

I had a standard F75 for over 6 years and loved it. But getting it stable was a problem sometime. I had to try an XP Deus but regretted that move quickly, even thought it found me good stuff. I traded the XP deus for a brand new F75 LTD 2. Man what a machine that is! I really love the Fast Audio process. And the stability of the machine is so much better. Even with DISC at 0, I can run it at SENS 99 almost all the time.

The only XP thing I still use is their small foldable headphone that sits on the back of your head. It has a great sound.

Since they've reopened the F75 and T2 upgrade program, why not send your existing F75 in for the upgrade?

My 01-15 F75 LTD is working great :thumbup:

I upgraded mine in the first round and I don't regret doing it. I didn't get one of the so called bugs but I did have a problem, they didn't hook up the back meter back light and I had to send it back.

As I was telling another forum member this is a good opportunity to get your 75 back in shape, just let them know if you have some kind of issue and I think within reason they will take care of it. My 2 issues were, I had a battery leak and corroded one of my contact, they replaced it. The other was my depth reading was way off on coins, like double and the calibrated it and it is a lot better now.
I had another forum member tell me they replaced one on his coils and he didn't know was bad and a scratched meter screen.

That new FA processor is worth the cost of the upgrade alone.

Just something to think about, they give the machines a pretty good work over.

Ron in WV

As far as I know the $1099 one is the bundle that comes with a bunch of extras. Thats the one I just got. Its not for just the machine.

The update with warranty is being offered until Mar.16/16.

I have tried running the F75 with the DST on and shut off. Its like night and day.

FA mode is in the upgrade, and makes separation so effective that you can pull tiny targets out of garbage sites.

I had a love/hate relationship with my old Camo LTD unit. It was great, most times but could be crippled. Sent it for the upgrade and it is a new machine. Fisher rocks! The new FA alone is a great bonus. I used to brace myself for the EMI noise but no more. F75s are great. Let us know how you do, think you will love it. Turn on the BP and dig in that tall grass where other machines fear to go.

Don
HH

n/t

A Great deal... and a very good detector.

I own the latest F75 ltd SE DST.
This comes by default with the DST "engaged " and you have to disengage the DST manually , if you don`t want it to be in operation (often I do not need it) so I have it ,so that it when I switch it on , it does not engage DST.
Its a well know matter of fact ,that by having DST engaged this ,will lose you depth . I`m wondering (because I don`t know), if the people that send their F75`s in for the full "upgrade " get DST included in the upgrade ,and if so ,do they know that by having DST coming on by default ,that they are losing depth ? Do they even know how to change it out of DST engaged ,to DST disengaged even ?
The reason I ask, is because I hear of people complaining that their latest F75 SE with DST doesn`t appear to be getting the depth they think it should be getting. And I then think ,"I wonder if they are searching with DST engaged and they don`t realize it ,when often there`s no need to have it engaged unless there`s a lot of Electrical interference about ?

Here is air test results I done with DST on and off. I don't see a big lose of depth.

Ron in WV