Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOOKING FOR 15" WOT.........I think?

IM told that as far as larger coils go ( for the beach) the 15" WOT coil is the one to get. Im looking for one..................although it seems everyone has different takes on some of the other coils out there " 15x12" SEF / "12x10" SEF / 14" Excelerator / 16.5" Excelerator / 12" Sunray / or just stay with the 10" stock Tornado..............what is the general consensus regarding the best beach set up based on sheer number of experiences with these various coils on the GT? Maybe Im posting in the wrong section ............although I thought I should get suggestions / opinions of the latest info available before I post a WTB in the classifieds.

What say you all?

Thank You
THE SCURVY DOG
Kevin M.
Santa Cruz CA.

THE SCURVY DOG said:
IM told that as far as larger coils go ( for the beach) the 15" WOT coil is the one to get. Im looking for one..................although it seems everyone has different takes on some of the other coils out there " 15x12" SEF / "12x10" SEF / 14" Excelerator / 16.5" Excelerator / 12" Sunray / or just stay with the 10" stock Tornado..............what is the general consensus regarding the best beach set up based on sheer number of experiences with these various coils on the GT? Maybe Im posting in the wrong section ............although I thought I should get suggestions / opinions of the latest info available before I post a WTB in the classifieds.

What say you all?

Thank You
THE SCURVY DOG
Kevin M.
Santa Cruz CA.

I don't have a GT but I do have 2 excals with WOT coils and the excal 2 will join them when the warranty runs out. For what it is worth BUY NEW

i use the wot with the sov gt and prefer it to the 10inch coil....in my opinion it gives more ground coverage and greater depth.. at the beach ive gotten pennies and dimes 15 inches deep.. ive also found its very good at finding colonial buttons even after previously working the same area over with the 10 inch.. i however dont have any experience with the other coils you mentioned...

On the beach it is all about depth and coverage. But there has to be a balance of big coil vs the ability to detect small targets. I'm talking a woman's fine gold ring and earring studs. I use the S-12 coil myself. It is a fine balance of weight , sensitivity, and coverage area. All the coils you mentioned have a loyal flock. There will be no right answers. The Sovereign with any of those coils is a fine machine.

Goodmore is correct about the number of different opinions. I use the WOT myself, and am almost strictly a beach hunter, and have found earring backs and other things as small on many occasions. I have no problem with pinpointing either. These big coils are the way to go on the beach; trashier areas though are gonna give you trouble. I know plenty of people who have other coils and are just as happy with them. I would advise anything that covers the most ground.

Thank you everyone!!

So far it looks like the WOT is the way to go.................although typically after I hit the wet line , Ill go up and check out the fire pit areas which are absolutely loaded with traSH! Maybe have to take a whole selection of coils .............and trade em out at the car as I switch areas. I just want that depth for the wet-sand. I have seen the 15" WOT for as low as $199.00 but thats it. If any one is interested in parting with one ...........let me know . Going to post that WTB now for 15" WOT.............wish me luck!

HH
THE SCURVY DOG
Kevin M.
Santa Cruz CA.