Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a backup wet sand machine

Donna(NJ

Been swinging the Nox 600 for a few years. The balance is bad and killing my shoulder. I switched to the grphite rod but still n/g.

Thinking of trying the Vanquish. How well does it work on wet salt sand ?? What would be the difference between the two ??

Thanks you in advance.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Hip mount an Excalibur.

Been swinging the Nox 600 for a few years. The balance is bad and killing my shoulder. I switched to the grphite rod but still n/g.

Thinking of trying the Vanquish. How well does it work on wet salt sand ?? What would be the difference between the two ??

Thanks you in advance.

HH
Donna(NJ)
Did you try a counter balance weight? In years past when I had elbow problems I built counter balances for a number of the detectors I was swinging (even for a Tesoro Cibola) and it makes a very positive difference even though you are adding a few ounces in total weight. I have not had a Nox or Vanquish, but have read of the ergonomic issues people have had with the Nox ... also read of how well a counter balance works for some people. If you like the detector other than the balance issue, it might be worth a try to see if you can get it balanced. Might try talking with Steve of Steve's detector rods. He sponsors here and in my little bit of experience with him, is very responsive, very customer oriented. http://www.stevesdetectorrods.com/

I don't have a nox but I used one for a very short time. It's super light but coil heavy. My friend has one and he added a 4 inch extension with some lead to the top of the shaft. It made a world of difference. Give it a try and I think you'll like it.

This may be the ticket!

I just ordered one of their carbon fiber shafts for my 800 and totally impressed! See my post with photos on the Minelab 600/800 section. Great company....may take a few weeks to arrive. I’m going to order one of these Easy swing Bungee soon just to have it.

High Noon

Donna, check out the Tarsacci, made in California. Getting very good reviews for wet salt and wading. Watch out it could become your front liner. Worth a look see.

I still have a Tesoro Sand shark, I kept it after I bought a Nox 600. I'm glad I did. Now I use it as a back up machine for wet sand and surf. But. I love my Nox 600. Still it's fun to take the SS for a walk once in awhile.

Thanks you in advance.

HH
Donna(

Thanks you in advance.

HH
Donna(NJ)
Best backup up to the Nox is no doubt the Vanquish 540. It performs about the same with few less features. Since you said back up , I’m suggesting it because price.

Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this post !!! Thanks for the advise. I do have a carbon fiber rod but didnt make much difference. the counter weight seems the way to go.

The Vanquish seems to be the way to go for wet salt beaches. Is it still nose heavy like the Nox ??? I really dont like the red....attracts too much attention !!!!! I also heard the 440 eats batteries for breakfast. The 540 has rechargeable. How many hours per charge ???

I'll pay more attention this time !!!!:):):):):)

TIA,
Donna(NJ)

You can buy an RNB battery for the Vanquish detectors. Lasts forever on a charge. The s shaft feels so much better. Can use 8,10 or 12" coil. Is amazing on the beach in wet sand. Or wait for the Nokta Makro simultaneous multifrequency detector like I am :).

Yep, now that I heard about the Nokta, I think I will wait, too.

Good to know RNB makes a battery for Vanquish just in case I should have a backup for my backup :):):):)

Thx again,
Donna(NJ)

donna
i have a 440 with the rnb battery
i love it light 10 x 5 coil not to nose heavy & runs a long time between charges
a real gold gobbler

Yep, now that I heard about the Nokta, I think I will wait, too.

Good to know RNB makes a battery for Vanquish just in case I should have a backup for my backup :):):):)

Thx again,
Donna(NJ)
RNB also make a battery for the nox it attaches to the shaft under the arm cuff $42.00
Mark