Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a Coin Shooter? Help.

Beale

Hey Y'all I live in South East Va I am a coin shooter Period. I have been Metal Detecting since 2007. I have tried just about most kinds of Md's except Fisher? I am curious about the Fisher F-5 and the F70. The 70 stretches my budget a bit but I read good things about both. My soil around here can run from great black dirt, to loamy to sand. I hunt parks, schools, and private propriety with permission.

My question is this for just coin shooting in y'all opinion which unit will I be better off with? Beale.

I really think you would be just fine with either, both are considered by the Fisher users to be good machines. If the budget is a little tight I would go with the F5 and the 11"DD coil, then later pick up a little 5" for the trash.

We hardly ever see either of these machines come up for sale.

Ron in WV

The Omega Teknetics, which is also part of the F T family, along with Fisher, is an excellent coin shooter and not overly pricey. Earlier models were somewhat emi chattery on certain spots, but the version 4, latest version, is much less. I can run mine pretty much wide open on most spots. And, the F 5 and F 70 are excellent as well. HH jim tn

Thanks to both of you! I had also Looked at the Omega it is a very nice unit. I will not be buying anything until spring anyway so Who knows? I do thank you for your answers though, Beale.

I find as many coins and jewelry with my F2 as I do with my F5. If you don't need the GB in that type soil, you can buy an F2 for peanuts to get used to Fisher and the deeper F5 and even deeper F70. 4 tones, fast response, TID with numeric display, PP with depth. Just no AM mode.

Beale said:
Thanks to both of you! I had also Looked at the Omega it is a very nice unit. I will not be buying anything until spring anyway so Who knows? I do thank you for your answers though, Beale.

If not until spring keep and eye out for the F44. Should be in that F5/Omega type platform with more tone/notch features. I'm speculating of course.

I had an omega 5 years back, and an f70 now. between the two, I like the f70. More powerful, better at picking nickels out of aluminum.

Question: A "coin shooter" is a person looking for old deep/masked silver, and requires a rig that is technically different than that of a "clad shooter" who hunts the top 5" for moderns?
Or are coin shooters and clad shooters the same term?:shrug: I am operating under the impression 'coin shooters' work deep and slow, and 'clad shooters' operate shallow and fast...?
Mud

I hunt for Coins. If they happen to be Silver then I am estatic. If it is a Silver ring then i am Very Happy. I have only found 2 gold rings since 2007. I have never found an Indian Head. Gaining Permission on these old homes out here is not the easiest. Most of these folk are very Nosey still. I just a few weeks ago got kicked off a School. They said I could not hunt it until I sent a letter to the Board asking Permission to "Hunt public Property". I might get hurt. This was from the Supertindent himself.

I lived in NC for over 45 years and hunted schools all over, no issue. I have just moved back to where I grew up. People know my father, but not me.I doubt I even send that letter to the Schhol Board? Pretty much granteed no. I have premission on 3 very old yards and am looking for more.

I just hunt. Like I said. If I find a nice Old Wheat I am happy, Beale.

Coins are nice. Segments are going to help ID. But, IMHO, jewelry is nicer.

Hi Beale,
For hunting old coins I echo the replies of those that said the CZ-3D.

For clad you can pretty much get by with anything, but the CZ-3D was created specifically for the coin shooter who hunts for the older, more valuable coins. You could find a used one affordably if you look around some.

HH,
Mike