Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for advice

I have been metal detecting for over 20 years now and have used a multitude of detectors over the years, I am 55 and have a younger brother that is 52 and he has caught the bug so to speak and wants to buy his first detector. My question is, what do I tell him to buy??? I don't want him to get discouraged in any way, but want to guide him into something that will be easy to learn, be able to hunt both coins and relics and so on. I have had just about every Whites including the V3i, Garrett's, Fisher's, Nautilus, and now a Makro. My first thought was a MXT Pro or maybe a Fisher F70. What do you guys suggest, like I said, I want something that he will be able to pick up easily and become confident with till he earns his wings. Thanks for your help. Bill

Personally, I would start with the White's Beach Hunter ID or the Excalibur.
Both can be purchased fairly reasonable and are excellent turn on and go detectors.
They can be used for land or water and who knows where you may wind up in this hobby.

I know this post is a little old but here goes.My recommendation would be the whites M6.It is very easy to set up and use and it won't discourage a new user.It goes just as deep as the MXT pro(at least in my soil)and a little easier to use for the newbie.I have owned and used just about every detector you can think of and the M6 will never leave my arsenal.Good luck on your choice and HH.