Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for coil info on Anfibio

Joseph in Alabama

Any of You Guys using a 5 x 10 coil factory or NEL type.. On the Anfib multi hunting old home sites/relic hunting..
Likes and dislikes ( depth,seperation etc.) would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...joe

Hey bud, my hunting partner will be using the anfibio for our hunt on Monday. He’s been using that coil, if he uses it Monday I will let you know what he thinks of it.

He’s only had the anfibio out a handful of times. We dug some deep bullets using the stock coil, he got on a silver quarter in a trashy area as well.

We hit an old homesite using the 10x5 and he wasn’t really feeling it but hunting the iron patch is something he’s working into and does pretty good imo.

I’ve been hitting a dense iron patch here in Mobile every morning before work. I use the stock 11x7 on my kruzer in 3 tone 89 gain 20 kHz. I’ve picked some goodies out on each hunt. I love the 11x7, I used a anfibio coil a bit and didn’t notice any real improvement for depth in my soil. They each hit targets well in my test bed. I’m interested in the 10x5 but I think I’m more interested in the 7x4. Given the stellar performance of the 11x7, there may be no reason to get a 10x5 as well.

I’d like to know how confident you are in 3 tone? With gain 89 it’s my go to mode for the dense iron patch. I’ve been unsure of 3 tone above 90 gain. It runs awesome and quiet but i feel like it misses so much compared to 2 or 4 tone. If I cover an area in 3 tone at 95 gain, then go right back in 4 tone 70 gain, it’s like I never hunted it. I don’t like that. 2 tone is what I use for moderate depth home sites without super dense iron, also for CW bullets. I’ve been using 4 tone in semi trashy areas with deep silver and coin hunting in general with 4 tone.
I’ve actually been thinking of things that I prefer about the T2, G2, and Omega 8000 models in each of my hunting scenarios. I do know those machines pretty well compared to the kruzer, but the kruzer is proving to be a killer in some spots when I’m jiving with it.
Sorry but these forums have been dead lately so I just though I’d throw it all out there.

I use the Anfibio Multi, and have recently gained a lot of confidence in 3 tone, but only with a high gain setting. I would only use 3 tone with a gain of 89 or less if I was searching for a recently dropped item that was close or on top of the surface, as the depth is minimal in 3 tone with a gain setting of 89 or less. I just performed a test in my trashy/contaminated yard by burying a silver dime at around 5 inches. Both 4 tone and 5 tone, with a gain setting of 90, would sound off on it, but did not give a nice solid signal. 2 tone(90 gain), 3 tone(99 gain), 99 tone(90 gain), and beach mode(90 gain) all gave a great signal on the dime. This test was done using my 7" concentric coil. However, I also tried it with the stock 11" coil, and the results were almost identical. This was surprising to me, not so much that 3 tone sounded better than 4 tone and 5 tone in this particular situation(becuse of the trash), but that 2 tone, 99 tone, and beach mode did as well. I have to believe that if you searched a particular area in 4 tone with 70 gain, and then searched that area again in 3 tone with 95 gain, you would find targets you missed in 4 tone. I have most recently been using 5 tone when detecting, but I am going to try using 3 tone, with a high gain setting, and also 99 tone, on my next outings. My guess is that 4 tone and 5 tone will normally get better depth than the other modes, especially in clean non-mineralized soil. However, many times, the mineralization of the soil and the trash content, can and often does, influence which mode gives you the best depth and/or signal.

Any of You Guys using a 5 x 10 coil factory or NEL type.. On the Anfib multi hunting old home sites/relic hunting..
Likes and dislikes ( depth,seperation etc.) would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...joe
Ok, 10x5 does pretty good in super trash. We hunted a very trashy large open area that was 1900s homes. Didn’t find much but some period relics and do-dads and trash. Next spot is a downtown park on historic dirt. Tons of trash from 2 old homes that used to be on the lot. We pulled dozens of coins. Numerous relics and other brass and lead items.
Anfibios find of the day- 1876 seated quarter. 5” down with a large 4” square nail in the hole. VDI was showing 81-83. I listened to it. It was a mixed high tone with iron layer mixed in. I would say the coil is great for its intended purpose.
For the kruzer I’m still leaning towards the 7x4 or a 7” round mars lion. The 11x7 will hang pretty good with the 10x5 on separation.

Joseph, I don't know how many detectors you have, but I've maintained a detect your battery of two or more since '71-'72 and I make my search coil selections for each model based upon how that detector performs and the coil assignment I prefer.

I believe you're referring to the 5 by 9 1/2 open frame Double D which is one of my favorite coils from Nokta / Makro. I consider the size to be a mid-size coil, and I also consider the round 7 inch concentric to be a midsize coil.

For decades I prefer to keep most detectors equipped with the most used search coil for them and the types of applications I grab them for, and therefore I very seldom change search coils. On the Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer and Anfibio models I generally prefer the seven inch concentric to stay mounted as my primary use coil.

I keep a 5 by 9 1/2 DD mounted full time on one of my two FORS CoRe units and plan to get one when released for one of my two Simplex + units. I have found both of these midsize coils to provide very adequate depth of detection in low-to-moderate trash areas where depth can be achieved. Either of these coils work find for me for a lot of routine, day-to-day detecting needs.

The exception is when I get into very dense trash with a lot of nails or other ferrous debris, or dealing with confined areas such as building Rubble or thick brush. In all those cases, I grab a model that has a 5 inch Double D coil attached for Peak Performance.

I very seldom use a standard coil because he's small and mid-sized coils typically handle all the conditions just fine for me, but that's because I tend to hunt very trashy locations.

Monte

Joseph, I don't know how many detectors you have, but I've maintained a detect your battery of two or more since '71-'72 and I make my search coil selections for each model based upon how that detector performs and the coil assignment I prefer.

I believe you're referring to the 5 by 9 1/2 open frame Double D which is one of my favorite coils from Nokta / Makro. I consider the size to be a mid-size coil, and I also consider the round 7 inch concentric to be a midsize coil.

For decades I prefer to keep most detectors equipped with the most used search coil for them and the types of applications I grab them for, and therefore I very seldom change search coils. On the Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer and Anfibio models I generally prefer the seven inch concentric to stay mounted as my primary use coil.

I keep a 5 by 9 1/2 DD mounted full time on one of my two FORS CoRe units and plan to get one when released for one of my two Simplex + units. I have found both of these midsize coils to provide very adequate depth of detection in low-to-moderate trash areas where depth can be achieved. Either of these coils work find for me for a lot of routine, day-to-day detecting needs.

The exception is when I get into very dense trash with a lot of nails or other ferrous debris, or dealing with confined areas such as building Rubble or thick brush. In all those cases, I grab a model that has a 5 inch Double D coil attached for Peak Performance.

I very seldom use a standard coil because he's small and mid-sized coils typically handle all the conditions just fine for me, but that's because I tend to hunt very trashy locations.

Monte
Monte, I started out with concentrics on Tesoro’s hunting plowed field homesites in the Midwest. Then I got a t2 with several coils and really did well, then added a g2 and omega 8000. Using DD coils of all sizes on these models has been more productive for me than the 3 Tesoro’s I have that have concentric coils. What scenario is best for it? Using disc in a park or yard? I’d like to find a niche for it.
I have always struggled with a concentric coil in trash. The Kruzer is proving no different. The 7” concentric yielded poor results for me in the iron patch using 3 tone, 89 gain, 19khz, 0disc. The stock 11x7, which I love, will outperform many times over in shallow ferrous trash with same settings. I struggle to find a scenario in my hunts where the 7” is useful. I want to use it because I love the way the machine feels with it, I have a much better finds bag after any hunt using the stock coil though. A 5” DD is the ultimate in ferrous trash. I agree. The little football DD’s like the 7.5x4.5 kr19 and the nel snake and cors shrew are all stellar too.

Hey Iowa Relic. I use the Anfibio Multi. For me, the 7" concentric coil advantages over the stock 11' coil are as follows:
1. The ability to easier pick out good targets in trashy areas.
2. The ability to better discriminate trash, especially crown caps.
3. The ability to easier swing the coil in overgrown/brushy areas, such as woods.
The stock coil has advantages as well, and I use both coils. In most parks and public areas, I think I can find good targets that the other coil missed.

My next hunt, we will use the 9.5x5 and the 7” concentric coils in a dense iron patch. It’s all square and round nails and large iron. Good targets usually on the surface or down to about 4”.
I just watched Keith’s video of the anfibio 19 with 7” concentric NBPT again after several months. I remember it performing very well. And yes it passed with flying colors. In 2 tone it was great. I will give it more time in the field. I’ve used it for 7 hours in the field.

Monte, I started out with concentrics on Tesoro’s hunting plowed field homesites in the Midwest. Then I got a t2 with several coils and really did well, then added a g2 and omega 8000. Using DD coils of all sizes on these models has been more productive for me than the 3 Tesoro’s I have that have concentric coils.
I started out with BFO's so I didn't get to CoPlaner / Concentric or Double-D coils until 1971 / '72.. I had the advantage of using different search coils along with different types of detector circuitry designs through the years, and in doing so, to this present day, I found that some makes and models work well or better with one type of coil design than they do the other. Not always, but quite often.

Naturally, some types of detectors might demonstrate some strengths for certain types of searches, such as dealing with an abundance of Iron Nails or an assortment o other ferrous and non-ferrous debris. Other makes and models might lean towards better depth-of-detection in sparse-target are4as. There is no 'perfect' detector and / or search coil, so since '71 / '72 I have maintained a detector outfit of at least 2 detectors, but usually 4-6 different makes and models, that I keep equipped with the most efficient s4earch coils for the types of environments I generally hunt.

I have been using Tesoro's, a lot, since July of '83, and most of them perform much better with a Concentric search coils. By design, most of them work quite well in dense trash environment, confined areas, and in and around brush and building rubble. They are not noted for being a deep-seeking detector when compared with more modern designs. My all-time favorite ghost town produced four binders full of 2X2 carded coins. Hundreds from that one townsite and I still had more coins to clean, card and get in a new binder.. Easily, 90-95% of all the old coins found there came when I was using one of my favorite Tesoro models at the time ... and except the last twenty or so coins, I was using a round, 7" Concentric coil. My two favorite Tesoro models stay in my Regular-Use Detector Outfit and each o them keeps a 6" Concentric coil mounted. For when I want and need them, that makes a great combination.

But you're comparing the Teknetics T2, G2 and Omega 8000 models, of which I have owned all. The T2 and G2, by design, work well with Double-D coils, and some of those models do not have a Concentric coil available. I've owned T2's from the 2006 original to the SE, the Classics and the T2+. I like them, for some applications, but my Tesoro's out-perform them on several Relic Hunting test scenarios. They greatly exceed the performance of the Omega 8000's, f which I also owned several. matter of fact, from march of 2010 to about June of 2015, the Omega 8000 was my favorite urban Coin Hunt5ing detector and easily out-performed the T2's. They had better TID lock-on to mid-depth and deeper coins than the T2's. I mainly used the round 8" Concentric on the Omegas.

Last year I had a couple of Omega 8000's along with my Fisher F44 that I use as a loaner-unit and some casual urban Coin Hunting. On all of them I preferred the round 7" Concentric coil for better balance, feel and performance. They are good Coin Hunting models, but not a practical pick for terrible iron debris environments. It's difficult to make a general description of the two different model types and coils and overall performance.

What scenario is best for it? Using disc in a park or yard? I’d like to find a niche for it.
I like my two Tesoro's w/6" Concentric coils for quick work in tot-lots and other playground sites, sand-filler volleyball courts, hitting renovation work like torn-up sidewalks, similar places as well as some ghost town / old-site hunting with a lot of nails and other ferrous debris, etc. I always keep at least one of my two Tesoro's along in my vehicle because they are handy, versatile performers for many applications. They make a great complement to other makes and models I use.

I have always struggled with a concentric coil in trash. The Kruzer is proving no different. The 7” concentric yielded poor results for me in the iron patch using 3 tone, 89 gain, 19khz, 0disc. The stock 11x7, which I love, will outperform many times over in shallow ferrous trash with same settings. I struggle to find a scenario in my hunts where the 7” is useful. I want to use it because I love the way the machine feels with it, I have a much better finds bag after any hunt using the stock coil though. A 5” DD is the ultimate in ferrous trash. I agree. The little football DD’s like the 7.5x4.5 kr19 and the nel snake and cors shrew are all stellar too.
Again, the detector a coil is mounted to makes all the difference in the world because it either works well or not for different site challenges.. The Nokta / Makro 7" Concentric coil is an admirable performer and in my detector outfit the 7" Concentric would stay mounted to a Racer 2 or an Impact because it works very well in a lot of trashy conditions. As 'The Digger' stated above, the 7" Concentric can handle a lot of trash very well, does a better job of discriminating or classifying a lot of problem ferrous junk such as rusty tin, crown-type bottle caps, etc., and it also pinpoints quite well. On the Nokta / Makro model the depth of detection is also very good and, for me, it made a really nice "general purpose" search coil.

I do enjoy the other mid-size coil for low-to-moderate trashy environments, the 5X9½ DD open-frame coil, and I keep one mounted full-time on my 2nd FORS CoRe and will mount one on my 2nd Simplex + when they are available. For really dense Iron Nails and other very challenging debris areas, I prefer the 'OOR' DD on my main-use CoRe, the 5" DD on my FORS Relic, and the 6" Concentric on my Tesoro's. I hope they make a 5" DD for the Simplex +. Smaller-size coils in the 4½" to 6" range can often make great coil choices for really tough iron conditions ... IF the detector is designed to handle the conditions.

I have a 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote for the T2's, the Omega's, the F-44, etc., but those models do not handle the toughest challenges very well. The T2's do better than the other Tek and Fisher lines when the going gets rough. I'll sometimes us the 5" DD on the F44 for some casual urban Coin Hunting around a picnic bowery, but it is a terrible combination to haul off to some of the more challenging sites I enjoy hunting.

Monte