Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for DIY headphone info.

Kevin B.

One my grandest hobbies is metal detecting. There is just something FULLY fascinating about "Reckon what's under the coil this time?!!" I also love a good project. A good old, "roll your sleeves up, do a google search, and tear into it" kind of project. I have some headphones (they are the 22 dollar garrett clearsound) that have a short in the coil of the cable. How hard would it be to mount my Deus headphone (I don't even know what's it called) control thing onto these bigger headphones?? I also have some other At pro headphones that have a shorted cord. I could use them.
Do I need to know something about the Ohms (ompedance) of the headphones that i want to use? The Ohms isn't listed or labeled on the above mentioned phones.
I guess that this thread would be more user frindly if I just jumped to my question and leave off the added extrys, bearing in mind that I have already done a search. That was my first thing to do. I got a couple of post that showed this being done but the instructions where summarized and I'm a tad slow-witted and need it spelled out for me a bit more. Can anyone advise me, or point me, to instuctions on either mounting the Deus headphone ....control pod? on my present aforementioned headphones (with shorted cords) or mounting a 1/4 inch jack onto that thing that slides of the Deus back phones, what has the numbers and volume, and tiny screen? I appreciate any help. I want to try my hand at using other headphone. The...ready made options won't be ready for some time now, and I believe that i could make a good set myself with a slight bit of coaching. Thanks for any help.
(By the way, I got a fresh, virgin yard to unleash the Deus this afternoon.....in the Historic district, and with permission...as always) Thanks fellow Deus-ites!!!!!

Kevin,
Checkout this post.
Back on Jan 16th

"Headphone Question"
It has one option, although I don't know if the part is avilable.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1843004