Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for feedback on the Minelab 15in 3kHz DD coil

Looking for feedback from folks who use or have used this coil. What do you think of its performance? I know its a bit heavier than the 9in coils. I've swung a 15in and its no problem for me. Just looking for your overall pro's and cons on the performance of the coil. Im seriously thinking on purchasing this coil. Thanks all. HH

Emmett:usaflag:

My 705 sports that coil a good 80-85% of the time. It suits my most frequent hunting areas on the targets that I'm most interested in finding.

I'm also interested in pro's and con's regarding this coil from the guys that uses it.
Now I have the 10,5" 7,5 khz.

Many thanks !

Rick, what targets are you most interested in finding? I will be mosty looking for coins. How do you rate the depth on this coil as opposed to say the 9inch 3kHz? Do you honstly feel it gives you more depth than the 9inch? Im talking coins but interested in how it works with your 705 and your finds. Thanks.

Emmett:usaflag:

I'm in search of primarily coins, buttons, odd brass items, etc...
The places that I like to hunt are often debris fields made up of a zillion square nails and some of what I hope to find. The difference in response to the low frequency between ferrous and non-ferrous is pretty dramatic, and has located several good targets @ 10"+ that had iron in the hole with them. In the soil conditions here there are places where something different is called for, but for the most part the depth and separation of this coil make it my most frequent first choice.