Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for good detector in $400-$600 range

I'm looking to buy a new detector in the $400 - $600 range. I've been looking at the Garrett AT Pro and the Whites Coinmaster GT. I like both of them and want to hear what other readers would recommend regardless of brand name. I basically hunt for coins at parks and other public places.
Thanks

I can't imagine a better bang for the buck than the CM GT for those needs. If you haven't figured in a Garretts Propointer in the 4-6 hundred budget...the do it and I think you will be buying the GT. I might be the only one promoting a Whites in this thread but the GT has backlight, tone ID, and the Whites machines VDI targets more accurately that most any machine. At a retail price of $399, the GT is what I'd get. martin

Give the Minelab X-Terra 705 a look, it's a great detector for the $$$ with it's features over other detectors.

Whatever you do, get the Garrett Pinpointer. I dont know how I ever found anything in a reasonable amount of time without it.

That was the price range I had to work with back in March when I got my detector. I wanted a Minelab Xterra 505 but upon talking with dealers, I was adviced to drop down to the Xterra 305 and get the Garrett Power Pointer for the price of the 505. Love the 305, dreaming of a 705 in the future. The 305 is a beast for the money. I've found many relics, over 600 coins(some silver), and 3 rings.in the six weeks I've had it. I would get the 705 if I could scrape the jack together if I were you, but the 305 is great.

for coins go with the 705 or a fisher cz.

The GT is probably your best bet, not that the Ace 350 is bad. I have
the Ace 350 and it is great but if I had had the extra money I would have
gotten the Whites GT just because it has a back light for after dark.
Like Garrett, Whites has an excellent customer service department.
Tesoro isn't bad but in that price range I don't believe it has depth detection.
I had tried a Tesoro but didn't care all that much for it. But Thats because I
was already acclaimated to Whites and Garretts for so long.
Robt2300

The best in that range is the Whites Coinmaster GT. With a Garrett Pro Pointer. I didn't like any of the Tesoro's I tried.

Coinmaster GT angle of screen makes it hard to read in full sunlight! is my gripe about it,see if you like its angle before commiting to one

I'm 6'2" tall, I don't know if height would make difference or not but it's something that I also experience with my current Garrett Master Hunter.

I've not used the Whites machine but I do have the ATpro. Love it, great unit, hard to beat for the price. Fun and easy to learn. Garrett Propointer is a must have if you can swing it no matter what detector you choose. Good luck, Joe.

You might want to go to the Teknetics Forum here
and see the New EuroTech detector for $212. You can watch the
videos posted. You might save yourself some money.
Robert2300