Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

looking for input on Stealth 720 vs Digatto T-Rex

stemp

I am changing over to salt and fresh water in Conn. I've got an explorer ll, but want to go into the water. I am going with the excal ll. CT. beaches have a lot of shells and rocks to dig through. The T-rex weighs 3.9 lbs. and smaller holes. and it seems the 720 is 5.5lbs with handle and appears stronger. I am afraid of bending the scoop after laying out the dough. I used to bring a shovel with me to dig into the shells and rocks at low tide. It seems you need 2 scoops to get it done. One for in the water and one for dry and wet sand. All input would greatly be appreciated.
thanks, Stemp

Check out the Stavr they make a wide variety of nice scoops and Light! Trex is Nice but if you have alot of shells it will be a pain and they wont sift out. Oh and BTW the stavr is weighing in around 3lbs 4lbs with handle. Good luck with your choice

Kevin and I just saw Chuck and his scoops on Friday. We both decided on the Stealth Clasic. BUT if you like an angled scoop the 720 was very nice.

I have the T-Rex and would not trade for any other on the market....I don't see how it could get any better on these South Alabama beaches.

eek

Out of all my scoops I grab the T-Rex. Ronnie did a great job making this scoop

I gotta put my vote in for the 720! It handles like a dream, in the water with the wood handle it feels very light. It is a strong scoop and it takes an enormous bite out of the bottom each time. I have recovered targets I would have given up on with my other scoop, due to the depth and the hole filling in before I could get the next bite. One bite with the 720 would be 3 or 4 bites with my other scoop. I say get the 720 with the wood handle and you'll never regret it! Oh, and it has a THREE YEAR WARRANTY to boot!

Ready for assembly

539286_10152179553750635_148336554_n.jpg

Five Minutes Later.....

247720_10152179556815635_1568734054_n.jpg

Ready for action!

394998_10152191702255635_1653430544_n.jpg

And last but not least, a 12 inch deep "925" silver beauty on the tip of the 720!

23866_10152191700805635_453327909_n.jpg

T-rex is the best for me.... Stealth holes are too big 4 me and didn't want to put a mesh to catch the small gold things... :)