Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

looking for minelab 705

kelly95

hello , I've been looking for a minelab 705 and of course have been looking at the "bay" but having heard of counterfeits I'm almost scared to take a shot at one now. is 729 about the best price if I go new? I'm looking at the gold pack also. thanks for any help !

There are no Xterra counterfeits. The phonies are GPX copies.

As far as new goes, I'd suggest contacting some of the forum sponsors for the best price.
SPONSOR LIST

I see you are looking for a 705, but Richard has a 505 on the classifieds with 35 months of warranty at a good deal. If you don't need 4 programs instead of 3, prospecting, tracking and a backlight, that's a nice deal i think. good hunting.

I think you would be better off sticking with your first choice.

Sorry no I meant a 705 :cheers:

I bought two 705's recently and they are an excellent machine. My second one was for my girlfriend who doesn't seem to like anything else but her Compadre :D

If you are interested in it, let me know. Hasn't even gone through a set of batteries on it. Warranty has not been sent in yet either. It has the standard 9" coil.

Thanks,
Matt

well, It would have to be cheap because I really want the gold pack, otherwise wouldn't really do me any good as the coils are pretty high themselves.

Go with the 705. The prospecting mode is very useful for more than just prospecting. I just bought a 305 and 705 and love both of these machines.

If you are planning to prospect with the 705 then you might gain something? other than that, except for the backlight there is pretty much no difference in the ability of the 505 and 705. I've owned both and still own a 705. just my opinion. Good luck.

thank you all for the info, I have went ahead and pulled the trigger on one on the bay got a "like new" 705 for $454 shipped !! thought it was pretty good deal.