Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for someone to hunt with (Portland, Oregon)

Ballaholyk84

Hows it going everyone? I figure I might as well post this since I am semi-new to the area and looking for some places and people to hunt with. I have been a friend of OTTS for about a year now but have yet to be to one of the meetings as time constraints prevented me from going before. Plus it doesnt seem like a whole lot is going on with them. Are the Oregon clubs dying off? I have looked at the others as well and their stuff hasnt been updated in like 2 years so not even sure they are around anymore.

Ive also looked into metal detecting Oregon but for some reason Paul hasnt approved me yet on the site and I have been trying for over a year. Not sure what thats about since he posts all the time on there.

I recently had shoulder surgery so I am off work for a while but can still go hunting and have pretty much all the time in the world to go right now but not a single person that I know of is going out. I am willing to travel as well. If you know of a great spot out of town that doesnt matter to me either. I am willing to do multiple day hunts as well since I have an RV and would to put it to use. Let me know whats up and if you are going out anytime soon. Definitely looking to meet some people and find some treasure! HH

Adam

Adam,

I saw your vid of the waterproof case for the Deus control box - nothing short of genius! Our family is looking to move to the PDX area maybe late 2014 or early 2015 and there doesn't seem to be much interest in the Memphis, TN area for detectorists (I know they are here somewhere!) In Jan or Feb I will be getting a Deus and have seen all the praise for the detector in general, not to mention the 11" coil that seems to make a great thing outstanding!

As soon as we get up that way in a permanent capacity...I will be looking for people to go on hunts with. I think the Deus will be what the Fisher CZ line was when it debuted in 1993 - been waiting all this time for a better detector to become available - and even new detectors don't stack up to a CZ in some respects IMO! Happy hunting!

Adam ... run a google search for AHRPS. I believe they are in the Portland area. Good luck Bob

Im always looking for a good adventure in Portland or otherwise.