Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking forward to using my Impact when the weather permits.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
My brother in VA got an Impact and has two searches at his well worked sites. First hunt in a road side curb he pounded with his Etrac and other detectors found a1864 Indian 3 wheat's clad and a lead solder. He called me Friday and said so far he's impressed. Second hunt today Sunday at a very old High school in Va. I have searched there myself with him both of us used other detectors at this site. His finds in the football field 1942 Washington Quarter, clad and a silver ring on the way to the school. His complaints the Impact was heavier than expected and the rubber on the pinpoint switch fell off. His advice D14 worked best for him the ID is jumpy Deep Mode didn't work in his soil and he may need more experience to try again with this detector. I have seen on You Tube videos the 11x7 coil needs a Sovereign type wiggle to lock on deeper targets. Looking forward to taking the Impact to my worked out sites. My coin garden and a air test is the only time on my Impact until the weather warms LOL not ready to retire my Sovereign yet. HH Ron

Photo with Nokta Makro 11 inch coil. weight with just coil resting on scale 13.92 oz. My Nokta Makro 11x7 inch coil with the same resting position 14.72 oz. Interesting the smaller coil is .80 oz. heavier. HH Ron

This overall is my worst year here in Michigan, too much outside work on the horse farm. Maybe a new warmer location NM or AZ.